In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hunting Stove

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Ejp1234, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

unfortunately it doesnt take wood, but this blind sure is like sitting on the couch ha!

Attached Files:

Casper, RCBS, gboutdoors and 2 others like this.
  2. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

Duck or deer blind?

3. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

Deer, its a banks stump 2 vision. I got it this year and put it on my field where I had been using soft sided blinds before.

4. yooperdave

yooperdave

I had a small wood stove that I would use in the deer blind for the last few years that I hunted. It was great, the smoke never bothered the deer-didn't even put them on an alert condition.
    The stove had a 3" flue and heated up the blind to the point that long johns were uncomfortable. The blind is about 4' X 6' and had a shed type roof on it.
    The wood would just be little chunks no larger than about 2"-3" diameter but only about 6"-8" length. Still have it!

Casper, saskwoodburner and Ronaldo like this.
  5. Ejp1234

Ejp1234

Yeah, I hop in there a lot after work.. Yesterday i was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt, and khaki pants and was hot with that stove going. Its not that big inside, 6' across... And with the insulated walls, Id say it was easily 80 in there lol... With the winter storm coming tomorrow i'll be in it tomorrow evening wearing the same and be more than comfy lol.. I love winter and gadgets lol

Casper and RCBS like this.