In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How'd I Do That?!?

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Ralphie Boy, Dec 13, 2018.

  1. Ralphie Boy

    Ralphie Boy

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    4,274
    Likes Received:
    29,904
    Location:
    Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
    I've been using a Timberline sharpener for years now and I've never had this happen. One side of cutters came out noticeably shorter than the other. I didn't think that was possible.

    How did that happen??? New guides in the sharpener and an almost new cutter. I don't get it.

    I don't have a set of calipers so I used an adjustable wrench to check the cutter length. Not the best way to get good measurement but it's the only thing I had.

    All I can come up with is I had a bad case of C.R.I. when I set up for sharpening. That would be cranial-rectal inversion. :D

    I went back and resharpened the long side a couple of times until all the cutters were the same length, the best that I could tell anyway.

    Thought or tips?
    :salute: