In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How would you cut a fuel oil tank in half?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Star Gazer, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Look at this- Stinny eating popcorn- are you on the edge of yer seat too?:rofl: :lol::wacky::rofl: :lol:
    J/K, Stin:yes:

Star Gazer and Stinny like this.
  2. Stinny

Stinny

I... ain't... sayin'... nuthin... :whistle:;)

3. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Last evening while searching for certain photo's, I can across several from my double back surgery taken right after I was released from the hospital. Gross doesn't even describe them. These were both 6 inch closures with staples (back side and abdomen) still weeping fluid. vomit10.gif I have rods, screws, and some new discs!

Eric VW and Stinny like this.
  4. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Glad I finished my lunch before reading this, or I would've surely ralphed :bug::rofl: :lol:

savemoney, Star Gazer and Stinny like this.
  5. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

SG, you have men trying to go out with you because you are a catch.. independent self sufficient and intelligent Woman... Do not grow on trees around here.. I hope you one day meet one that's worthy of you... if you even want one.. :tip:

Stinny likes this.
  6. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Oh come on now, I wasn't that descriptive! :p Though I am sure you do have an understanding. :)

Eric VW and Stinny like this.
  7. yooperdave

yooperdave

After seeing that picture she posted:jaw:.........
    :rofl: :lol:

8. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Well, I really don't want someone young. I would prefer they are closer to my age. I think I would like someone to grow old with, to share things with, and to do for. Someone with the traits depicted by Festus, a wolfer, from the old show Gunsmoke for starters.

I had typed out a list of things I would like, but decided it wasn't appropriate to list those things do I deleted them. Anyway, the bottom line is, sometimes I just get tired of being alone.

I was told quite a few years ago that in order to get someone I would need to make myself available, which to date I've only done just a little. Each time I seem to attract young men which I don't want. Maybe the SINGLE older gentleman don't know I'm in their age group! Or maybe they don't think their hearts could handle the likes of me because I'm a bit untamed. Well, maybe more than a bit!

9. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

:rofl: :lol: Whut, not enough teeth for you?:rofl: :lol: Or you want more hair? :rofl: :lol:

10. yooperdave

yooperdave

Nah, just gussy up a bit...like put a ribbon in your hair-both of them!

Eric VW and Star Gazer like this.
  11. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Oh shoot, I must have lost one. I could have sworn I had three!

yooperdave and Eric VW like this.
  12. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Okay, here's a real picture of me at least to tide y'all over until I take a current one. Never can tell when. It might be with one of my UAV's or simply my camera on a tripod using a timer.
    Me2.jpg

13. tractorman44

tractorman44

Wow...a lady that can use an angle grinder and a sawzall AND handle her own scoot....ain't that what heaven is full of ????

Star Gazer likes this.
  14. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Star Gazer, I just got to believe you are the best hidden treasure in the Carolinas, got a bike, a saw, heats with wood... etc etc. etc

How is it possible you could still be single? in my state with a 400 foot drive. There be a line to the road just to get a date with you..

oh nice bike:D

Star Gazer likes this.
  15. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with the word "hidden." Not that I actually hide, but I just don't make myself readily available most of the time. Actually, lets face it, I'm just not all that tame, even at 64. :D

The picture of me on the bike was taken shortly before I purchased a new bike. (about 6 years ago) It's a Geezer Glide, AKA a Street Glide. (pictured below)
    IMG_3774.JPG

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  16. tractorman44

tractorman44

Cool bike, Star Gazer....mine's an '05 Road King. Its blue with lots of stuff somebody else paid for before I got it in '09. My fun bike is a '97 Valkyrie, red and white. Actually just about anything on two wheels is fun to me... The old Valk just seems to get more gawkers and thumbs up at the stop lights though.

64....? Hmmmm....my favorite age. Of course it may just be because that's where I land on a scale of 0 to 100 too.....

17. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

Thanks! My Street Glide was new off the show room floor (stupid me) but it was the model and color I wanted. There were little nuances that I was looking for in this particular model that weren't available on other models. Then all the add-ons and other aftermarket junk, but in the long run I made it mine.

I have ridden all the major brands, and honestly the Vulcan runs a close second so far to the Harley. But, one of the bikes I had wanted which had been discontinued was the Valkyrie Rune. The only drawback to that bike was the need for special saddlebags and additional tie down points. The Corbin saddlebags that were made specifically for that model made that bike even better in my opinion. I drooled over that one for the better part of a year.

I don't care if a bike is a rice burner, but I do take offense to an alleged American Icon (Harley) that is using so many out of country parts, both stock and aftermarket, and the selling of clothing and accessories that are manufactured in other countries. (I have a jacket which was manufactured in Indonesia, my boots were manufactured in China) but all sold through Harley as their own for their full price. Those are just for starters! (foreign made goods can run up to 5 times cheaper than American made for similar items)
    Now as for Gawkers, I seem to get them on whatever I ride. Now if they would just quit running me over, I'd be happy.:bug:(remember, you travel the path where your looking under most circumstances - They look at me, and run me over ---- LOOK AWAY!!! o_O )

I feel compelled to ask, are the people from Festus MO as untamed and unencumbered as the Festus from the Old Gunsmoke? To me, he is a hottie!

18. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

You know, after considerable thought, I would have to say I must be downright scary to most men. I have 5 chainsaws (various sizes), several big firearms, a big bike, etc., with the skills necessary to use them all. That plus I have an appreciation for the chase. If no one chases me, how can they expect to catch me? I'm not just going to walk up to some man and say "Take me, I'm yours!" So I tend to be elusive. (that also makes the rumor mill churn something fierce)

19. savemoney

savemoney

[​IMG] Ken Curtis in his younger years. [​IMG] then as he was on Gunsmoke.

Star Gazer likes this.
  20. Star Gazer

Star Gazer

The second picture was from when he was on Gunsmoke in later years as a deputy.

This is the one I was referring to, before he became the deputy. He was one smooth talker!

savemoney likes this.
  21. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

That's what makes you awesome!:thumbs: I guess my whole family hunts.. The best part is the chase.. up here deer are scarce like good firewood you have to look study and chase them.. otherwise why bother.. the 6 pointer that was falling down drunk on fermented apples was taken picture of and went and got 10 year old nephew.. he tracked him for a mile thru the brush 2 hours.. I was trying to help but drunk deer do funny things:eek:

Star Gazer likes this.