In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How was your hunting season?

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by swags, Feb 13, 2018.

1. clay shooter

clay shooter

now that was a good shoot,well done

2. swags

swags Moderator

Duck hunting is a lot of fun!

3. Boogeyman

Boogeyman

I used to love duck hunting, then my group and I made the mistake of growing up and now we don't duck hunt anymore.

Deer season was awesome! Didn't shoot anything or even make an attempt to, but sightings were way up and proximity was very close so I was thrilled! Like the other Indiana guys said the weather was screwy, but Indiana weather is always screwy so it wasn't a big surprise. Having a full time job, being a parent and being active with family and church makes those sits in the woods rare and quite appreciated no matter the outcome. (And also makes one very picky about what they want to actually mess with)

Chaz, swags and stihl sawing like this.
  4. blacktail

blacktail

Frustrating. From last spring to the end of summer, we had more bucks on camera than ever before. By October it was like they all sprouted wings and flew away. I shot a fork horn that was the only deer I saw during the season.

stihl sawing and saskwoodburner like this.
  5. saskwoodburner

saskwoodburner

I posted about my season, but in a nutshell, it was good. Saw a decent amount of game, and ended up with a younger buck. I dragged my younger brother around (new to hunting) and we saw a few deer, but no clear shots that I would feel good about, so I didn't let him drop the hammer. My gal wasn't feeling good most of the deer season, but when she decided to go out, I got us stuck in da snow.:hair:

stihl sawing likes this.
  6. Aje1967

Aje1967

fullsizeoutput_aab.jpeg
    Very little hunting this year. Did not see any deer. Got out once for pheasant on some state land in Illinois where they manage the land for wild birds (prairie plantings and such) and got one pheasant with my new dog Meadow. She did ok and was in seventh heaven. The stylish rain pants are because it was raining when we started.

7. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

Two archery doe. That's a win for me. Yes, there are some really nice buck around here, but I hunt doe for the freezer. Now, if a buck wants to commit suicide in front of me, I will oblige. Missed dove season with a broken foot.

swags, stihl sawing and grandgourmand like this.
  8. woodsman416

woodsman416

I killed this buck on December 1st. IMG_1338.JPG

Chaz, Intruder, clay shooter and 5 others like this.
  9. woodsman416

woodsman416

I did some goose hunting too. 2017121595091106.jpg

10. Boogeyman

Boogeyman

Nice one woodsman!

stihl sawing and woodsman416 like this.
  11. stihl sawing

stihl sawing

Good buck woodsman.

woodsman416 likes this.
  12. RI Dan

RI Dan

1DB8CF5C-916E-42B4-9C89-948F3045C019.jpeg Saw a ton of deer this year. Started off with all does and finally the bucks showed up. First was a long spike that I passed on then this guy showed up.

Chaz, J1m, Intruder and 7 others like this.
  13. CurDog

CurDog

Well I'm late to the party on this one (haven't logged on in a while). Figured I might as well start back posting in a hunting thread.

SC dove season was kinda slow but I got invited to one shoot that was a real barn burner and about 12 of us all killed a 15bird limit in 2hrs.

I've killed a pile of deer on my life but never killed one with a bow until this year so that was a fun experience. Killed 9 total. One big 8pt, decent 7pt and the rest were does.

After deer season went out the hound and I cranked it up and went to work on the squirrels.
    We sent 304 to that big oak holler up the sky.

Im not crazy about turkey hunting but I did mange to kill a decent gobbler late in April.

Enjoyed every second of it and already thinking about September when I can climb back in a tree!

Chaz, clay shooter and Boogeyman like this.
  14. CurDog

CurDog

Ducks kicked my tail this year, just did not have water in spots where we normally do.