In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How to identify trees

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Yawner, Jun 6, 2024.

1. RCBS

RCBS

We have 'Soil & Water' offices in our Counties. They are involved in Agricultural, Wildlife and Forestry. Used to have an on-staff forester even. Much of my interest beyond economics came from a man that used to work at ours. If you have any trouble, go to local County/Parish Ag organization (unsure what it may be called down your way, but you will have some form of them) and ask them.

sms4life and John D like this.
  2. Yawner

Yawner

We have such an office and I did contact them because I read where they have a forester, a lady forester. I consulted her on something and she agreed to walk my land and give me some advice. Might wait until cooler temps now... fall!

buZZsaw BRAD, John D and RCBS like this.
  3. RCBS

RCBS

I've had four of them visit over the years. Didn't get on with only one of them. He later was fired for having 'questionable' material on his work PC. Good old intuition served me well again. One of them tried to talk me into becoming a forester after a couple hours in the woods with me. lol Even the one was at least helpful with questions and such. The rest were all a pleasure to meet and speak with.

I've been wanting to get active again in that community. Miss going to the field days. Always learned something useful and or cool.

4. sms4life

sms4life

APES was my daughter's favorite class in school. Botany was second.

jrider likes this.
  5. cezar

cezar

Move to the woods, it'll come quick!

6. Erik B

Erik B

Someone had posted an acronym for tree ID that had to do with how branches and leaves on the tree grew. I think it was only 4 letters. Anyone have a better memory than me?:BrianK::BrianK: