In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How much have you burned so far?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Rangerbait, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Rangerbait

Rangerbait

Nice! How many cords do you end up burning through in a season? My wife is from Florida, and as such has unrealistic expectations of how warm a house should stay in the winter. Hey man...whatever keeps her less than fully dressed! =

2. Rangerbait

Rangerbait

Good thing it's not better insulated!

3. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

with old NC 13 type 12 cord plus a year no wat to get 3 years ahead wit that ... last 2 years with Woodstock Ideal steel about 4 cord with not great wood birch cherry elm soft maple etc...
    my girls like stove room 80 makes kitchen are 7w and bedrooms 65 or purrrrfect

4. amateur cutter

amateur cutter

2 1/2 cords in, shoulder wood is gone, & the temps are teens & twenty's with wind. Furnace is rockin on the gooder stuff now. I'll do 8-10 depending on temps.

NH mountain man and Rangerbait like this.
  5. woody5506

woody5506

Been burning since October, and burning daily since November. Already gone through almost 3 face cords but 1 of which was softer wood like box elder and silver maple. This is my first full season of burning and I'm beginning to think I'm not a couple years ahead with wood like I thought I was, or the neighbors who think I'm a lifetime ahead...I guess it will be nice to prove them wrong at least.

6. Rangerbait

Rangerbait

I hear you on the neighbor's...I started hoarding last winter before I even had a stove. Neighbor's thought I was losing my mind!

7. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Invite 'em over the next time the power goes out for a while...;)
    #lastlaugh

8. JCMC

JCMC

Gone through a little over two cords of shoulder wood mostly dead Elm, Soft Maple, Cherry and some Hardhack. Will be getting into the better wood soon.

NH mountain man likes this.
  9. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

I'd say about 2.3 ricks. All Pine, Cedar and Fir in our Regency F2400M. 1500 sqft pretty decent insulation. No snow yet but we've been in the mid to high 30's at night. Honestly I've been baking everyone out. :whistle:

10. Rangerbait

Rangerbait

My folks are back here for Christmas and dying with the 5* windchill we had yesterday...my sister in Placerville is sending us pics of her in flip flops and gloating that it was 70! Joke's on her; 'least we don't have Jerry Brown!

11. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

Yeah we love where we live except for the politics. We don't go west of Folsom unless we absolutely have to. People seem to get more nuts the further west you go. :loco: :crazy: Its a whole different world in Pollock. Pray for the State of Jefferson! :usa:

Rangerbait likes this.
  12. Reddingnative

Reddingnative

Im enjoying the 70s weather up here in Redding. Jerry Brown or not, it's my home... Plus longer time to cut wood!:saw:

Rangerbait likes this.
  13. Rangerbait

Rangerbait

Well, El Dorado WAS one of the counties that voted in favor of secession, so you got that going for you!

I spent the better part of the past 20 years in the Bay Area; good call not going west of Folsom!

14. J. Dirt

J. Dirt

Burned maybe a face cord worth. Between a mix of uglies and some not so good free wood that I got. It hasn’t been cold here to go to full time burning until a few days ago so now I can finish up my stack of iffy stuff and get into the good stuff!:fire:

15. Mag Craft

Mag Craft

Or all those fires and smoke right now that they are fighting in the state.

16. Casper

Casper

We've probably burned 1-1/2 to 2 cords so far. Early on it was red maple, now it's oak, beech and sugar maple. Might burn some soft stuff over the weekend when we are supposed to warm up a bit.

17. billb3

billb3

Not quite 1/4 cord of white oak
    This stack has been here for 4 years. Almost hate using it. LOL
    IMG_0707.JPG

and a little over 1/4 cord of red maple

IMG_0689.JPG

and some pine. Leftover from last year. Some here and some there. So not sure how much.
    between 1/8 and 1/4 of a cord. Don't have quite 1/3 cord left so will use up what I have split.
    Have a little under a 1/3 cord in unsplit rounds I just haven't gotten to. And a half a dozen tree length pine logs to process. Using a lot more pine this year than in the past.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  18. BigPapi

BigPapi

I'm about five deep so far, almost exclusively shoulder stuff. Starting to feel like winter now so I'm into the hardwood. Current pile is three years css, so I'm doing 1/2-3/4 loads and getting away with it even with wind chills in the negatives. Can't wait to get all my wood this dry..

19. firefighter938

firefighter938

I'm just shy of 1 cord. I started burning some linden and other lesser wood. Then I switched to walnut and have gone through 1/2cord of it. Temps really dive bombed in December and we have been burning 24/7 for a couple of weeks. Just moved some oak, cherry, and hackberry into the garage and have some mulberry ready to go. If the weather stays cold or drops colder I will burn 4 cord this year.

20. Spencer

Spencer

Im at a 1/3 to 1/2 cord. The last couple weeks have been pretty cold here for the beginning of december, but not bone chilling. Wont be long and i will be trailering some more home from the woodlot.

NH mountain man and BigPapi like this.