In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How long will it last ?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Mykidsdadd, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Mykidsdadd

Mykidsdadd

I will take some photos for sure. Talked my nephew in to helping so hopefully can get a little help out him ! Gonna be a long productive weekend!

Hammy and Backwoods Savage like this.
  2. MikeyB

MikeyB

I hear that. I always shut down my family room (hot water zone) when we have the fireplace on.
    I always have the flue damper open all the way as well.

3. Woodsnwoods

Woodsnwoods

Stupid question, can you tarp the piles to minimize moisture? It will not be perfect, but should help if you are unable to cut it fast.

Hammy, VOLKEVIN and Backwoods Savage like this.
  4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

He could but so long as it gets bucked up this winter I would not go to that trouble. It should only be the bottom logs that will suffer some.

Hammy and BigPapi like this.
  5. Mykidsdadd

Mykidsdadd

Yeah I think if I keep at my current pace I will get at least 2 of the piles completely wiped out this winter and it wouldn’t be the worst place to cut in the spring summer. Have to go up (and back down) a very steep hill that is very wooded. If it rains or snows there is no easy way up. Been very fortunate with the weekend weather of late and hope it continues for some time, all though I would love to see some white stuff. Sunny and 60 today , beautiful weather!