In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How about a hauling forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Support' started by Deer Meadow Farm, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Deer Meadow Farm

Deer Meadow Farm

I thought I had suggested this before, but I can't find it...? Essentially it's a place for people to post where they are headed and if their willing to haul something for another member. I've seen this on other forums and it works great for situations like this:
    For Sale - Fisher Grandma Bear and Baby Bear | Firewood Hoarders Club

Say I'm going up to VT with my trailer to pick up an item I bought on CL or something. I could post that I'm making the trip and my trailer is empty on the way up. Someone on the site here is in Mass and he is selling a woodstove that another member in VT wants to but. It's too heavy to ship and neither guy has a trailer and/or wants to spend the fuel/time to make the drive themselves. I'm going anyway, why not have me take it? Maybe one or both the guys kick in a little fuel money for my time etc. Everyone wins!

It doesn't have to be big stuff either. If I'm taking a road trip to SC and some member in NC bought a chainsaw from another member in MA.... you get the point.

It doesn't always work but I have gotten a couple of rust free fenders from California for my truck because someone was hauling something out here from the west coast.

Just a thought....

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

What a cool idea!

Eric VW likes this.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

It's a good idea that us staff will talk over. Could be a sub forum in the Classified section?? We'll see! :thumbs:

4. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

I agree!

Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  5. Gasifier

Gasifier

A good idea. I have seen and tried to use one of these. Didn't work out for that move, but it would seem to work. Especially good with a place with a lot of members. Higher chances of matching up at the right time.

It was on Yesterday's Tractors forum. Hauling Ads - Yesterday's Tractor Co.

I did have in mind that I would really have no idea who I was dealing with. With anything expensive .............?

Eric VW, DexterDay and wildwest like this.
  6. Deer Meadow Farm

Deer Meadow Farm

Any updates/thoughts about this?

Eric VW and wildwest like this.
  7. bobdog2o02

bobdog2o02

I whole heartedly endorse this idea. I have a big Dodge pickup and trailers...

Deer Meadow Farm and Eric VW like this.