In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Home: Now More Questions than Answers

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by LodgedTree, Dec 13, 2017.

1. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I figured you would need the power take off shaft for your build. I know it would be shorter than what you got now, but I have cut my share of them to make them fit to new implements.

Again, I appreciate the offer, but I'll probably pick up a new one. My tractor dealership has them pretty cheap. I need to get a new one for my fertilizer spreader anyway as I snapped a shaft on it last summer. :-(

DSCN4969.JPG

Screwloose and concretegrazer like this.
  2. Screwloose

Screwloose

First time ever seeing a spreader on a dozer.

concretegrazer likes this.
  3. concretegrazer

concretegrazer

If give the Kubota a shot on it. As long as you are mindful & don't switch everything on at once it'll probably handle it. Definitely be cheaper to feed.

Screwloose likes this.
  4. Screwloose

Screwloose

Looks to me like an excuse to get a bigger welder.

concretegrazer likes this.
  5. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Holy smokes guy...no, no, no...I retired from that remember? :salute: If I got a bigger welder I would have a lot more friends, especially if it was portable. It is bad enough having a bulldozer, it is the reason I do not have a trailer that can haul it anywhere...again a perfect way to gain more "friends". Now I can at least say "Jeesh, I am so sorry, I would like to help, but I got no way to get it over to your place."

Screwloose likes this.
  6. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

THE ultimate field fertilizer spreader! I bet I am putting lime and fertilizer down a long time before others could even think about getting on the fields with their wheel tractors...bulldozers practically float on water. I think this has ground pressure of 5.5 PSI which is pretty light. It works good on rough ground too and in places that would puncture tractor tires like old homesteads and stuff.

One of the best Spring tasks for a bulldozer is driving fence posts just after the frost goes out. I fabricated a post driver off the blade. Just sharpen the fence post, then as you drive along the fence line, press it in with the blade and with tilt; 10,000 pounds of dozer sinks them right in. I pull my log trailer behind me as I go to hold my fence posts and wire, using the grapple to grip the wire and pull it taunt. For corners and gates, my grapple can come off and a post hole driller installed because my grapple rotates 360 degrees. That gets your posts for gates and corners down deep.

The only thing worse than installing sheep fence, is the cost! I could buy a NICE brand new truck in what I have in my pastures just keeping those wool balls where I want them.

12.jpg

Hammy and Screwloose like this.
  7. CDF_USAF

CDF_USAF

You sure work a lot for being retired.....

It awesome you got that thing home, of course once you get it mounted and hooked up, the power wont ever go out.

Screwloose likes this.
  8. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

You got that right...on both counts!

When I worked at the shipyard I always said I could not wait to go back to work so I could rest up. Sadly there was a lot of truth to that.

It is not as bad as it seems though. I get to have breakfast/lunch/dinner with my wife every day, and if we want to head to town, we simply do. Our youngest daughter is 4, so she is in Pre-Kindergarden now, so we are alone Monday through Thursdays for much of the day. The other daughters; 10,11 and 12 are big enough to watch the 4 year old, so we have been doing "trials" and skipping out to town for errands here and there, pretty much so that if there is an issue, we are only 10 minutes from home, but they are doing good with that.

I have always been a workaholic, so when I say, "Jeesh I didn't do anything today", Katie laughs. Her ex-husband was a pretty easy guy to follow, but I am not sure if he was just lazy, or normal in that regard. I got things to do.

Screwloose likes this.
  9. CDF_USAF

CDF_USAF

Yea, don't stop you'll die.

amateur cutter and Screwloose like this.
  10. Screwloose

Screwloose

Want to attract "friends" try owning a job shop........ The ones who at least will OFFER to reciprocate or you can call on if the need arises I can tolerate, even bend over backwards for. Others.......... especially the "can you spend half a day @#&%ing with this cuz a new one is $25 bucks" people ........

amateur cutter likes this.
  11. Screwloose

Screwloose

Plenty of time for rest when you're dead !

amateur cutter likes this.