He is experienced doing this so I just snap the pictures and stay out of their way. There are spacers in between the tiles. I'll post more as the project progresses
Someone that tiles a lot and doesn't have kneepads? Atleast you've got some help and the project is underway
He doesn't do tiles most of the time, but has good experience with it. I bought very good knee pads for this project. He won't wear them. Instead he opted for a cheap pair I had for use in the garden. He and his coworker didn't have them on when I took this picture. Saw the pads outside hanging over the fence. I bought dust mask, eye protection, ear protection etc for this project. We will see how he is feeling today having put down about tile for both the kitchen and living rooms.
My knees ache for 3 days even when I do wear knee pads when laying tile, grouting. He's still young and invincible..........
yes and little deaf when I talk to him about prevention and precautions. I've tried but it is up to him. He also smokes and won't listen to me about that either.
Larry, I can't believe how fast this is coming along!! Is your son in this pic the one moving upstairs? Or a different son?
The room with a lot of purple still there is the future kitchen. Has a reg window for in front of a sink, and a picture window that will have the small dining table there. The other space is the living room about 27 feet long. the purple area there with the hole is where the pellet stove will go. The inside is to have a stone facing. To the right of that will be my desk. To the left of it will be our livingroom chairs, couch and some end tables, coffee table with a wall mounted TV 3 windows in there with a full view glass door. The bi fold louvered doors will go and replace. One goes to a pantry, the other goes upstairs. The doorway next to the louvered doors is going to the bath/laundry. the last opening is to the bedroom.
yes, this is our youngest son with his son. They are the ones moving upstairs. In this picture, they are picking out plastic spacers before the grout goes on. How do you like the floor?
Those tiles are very similar to the tiles we put down in our stove room. They did a nice job and obviously found a way out of the corner. Grouting today? You've got lots going on over there.
Yes, you see I am paying him to do the work, plus he wants to be able to move us down, and him in upstairs in July. He has to prep his house to rent out Schedule for that is Aug 1st. We have also employed a plumber and have a master electrician. Everything up to code. Most everything new for plumbing and wiring, and the heating system have been replaced. The entire downstairs was gutted top to bottom. Windows added , on and on.
LOVE IT!! Light and bright, will go with any decor' and durable. And in my case, hides dirt . Please be safe when walking on it with snow/rain on your shoes so no slipping, though I know you and the Mrs. are fans of throw rugs
We have a double entry so plenty of chance to change shoes, wipe the dogs feet etc. We are going with mostly all light colors. Old eyes don't do well with dark area. That is one reason we added more windows.