In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

High Output oiler for MS660

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Shawn Curry, Apr 20, 2015.

  1. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    I've been researching what I need to do to convert to a high output oiler for my 660. What parts to get, how to install them, etc.

    What I've found so far, seems to indicate that the pump is the same, I'll just need a different piston and control screw?

    Thanks in advance for your help. :yes:
     
  2. cnice_37

    cnice_37

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,211
    Likes Received:
    14,236
    Location:
    SE Mass
  3. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    You can spend $40 on new parts or mod your parts you have.
     
    Shawn Curry likes this.
  4. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2014
    Messages:
    3,755
    Likes Received:
    22,702
    Location:
    Western NY
    Well, if I bought the new parts, my old ones will be junk, so I guess modding is worth a shot? I don't have much in the way of metalworking tools though - just a bench grinder and a drill press.

    Testing will be a PITA too. I'd like to have enough for milling, if that's even possible. So I'll have to set up the mill and make a cut to know whether I'm satisfied.

    mdavlee - think I can get enough to run a 24" mill, without an aux oiler bottle?
     
  5. mdavlee

    mdavlee

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    4,380
    Likes Received:
    10,479
    Oh yeah. Plenty with the mods. You only need about .020" off a few places.
     
    DexterDay and Shawn Curry like this.
  6. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Chvymn99 and Shawn Curry like this.
  7. Moparmyway

    Moparmyway

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2014
    Messages:
    846
    Likes Received:
    1,953
    Location:
    New York
    Dex, my 661 has the pin pushed in and oils a 36" .375 (0.050) and a 36" .404 (0.063) just fine - no modifications to the oiler