In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hi Price Of Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by King, Feb 17, 2019.

1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I refuse to buy parts for my furnace and Mcgyver what I can, so far so good:yes:
    Now if only I have Snowy's drive and talent :whistle:

2. badbob

badbob

OK,another example,got warm yesterday(not like today,-5,20mph winds,nasty,got both stoves going,because i can!),diagnosed winter van,that died.A part in the distributor died.It is non factory,I installed it,many years ago,when I rebuilt the engine.Kinda baffled me,when i took it apart,and saw the part,lol,but it was many years ago I built this engine.So,got online checked the 3 big (only) auto parts suppliers,135 to 290 for a new dist.,3to 5 day order wait time.Ordered a "import" dist.,online,will be here in 2-5 days,44 dollars.Turns out to be the same dist. sold by the auto parts places,"except" for the hi dollar unit,which gives no information as to where it is made.Being a mechanic most of my life,really sad when ac/delco/GM will not tell you where the part is made.Anyway,dead in my yard/driveway,and we are just now going into heavy snow season,lol.

3. badbob

badbob

Made it down to mailbox.New room blower for Accentra was in drop box.In a huge box.An ebm-papst box.Blower triple wrapped in bubble wrap,and rest of box filled with crushed brown paper.Have not seen packaging that good in a long time.As,this winter keeps dragging on,and stove is coming up on a cleaning,I might just install it now,instead of summer.

Ssyko, imacman, Lousyweather and 3 others like this.
  4. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Totally respect this BHags ...just not sure that we can make this happen in larger cities. Would love to have a local butcher, hardware store, etc!

imacman, BHags, ivanhoe and 1 other person like this.
  5. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Steve is simply cheap.:whistle:

Chaz, badbob, imacman and 3 others like this.
  6. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:D

Chaz, badbob, SmokeyTheBear and 4 others like this.
  7. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

STB.....Meant Frugal!!

Chaz, badbob, SmokeyTheBear and 3 others like this.
  8. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Yeah, that's it...frugal!

Chaz, ivanhoe, gbreda and 4 others like this.
  9. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Steve knows I meant cheep. He'll even admit to being Frugal, errr I meant cheap.

Chaz, ivanhoe, badbob and 4 others like this.
  10. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

:D

cheap.jpg

Chaz, ivanhoe, badbob and 5 others like this.
  11. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Chaz, ivanhoe, badbob and 5 others like this.
  12. krooser

krooser

When my stoves ignitor went bad several,years ago i searched for an aftermarket replacement only to eventually buy one from my dealer for $108.00. Lasy year it died again so I've been using hand sanitizer and a match. Will be many years before I use up $108.00 worth of sanitizer and matches.

My old 379 Peterbilt truck shared a common problem with many other Petes... a worn out windshield wiper switch. The new part was a crazy $275.00 with no off brand replacements offered. I got it touch with an OEM electric switch manufacturer in Taiwan. I sent them an old switch as a sample and in two weeks they sent me their version of Peterbilt's OE switch for testing.

The new switch had a similar feel to it... worked fine. If I bought in units of 100 their delivered price to me was $2.85 per unit. But I had a minimum buy-in of 250. I was teetering on hanging up the steering wheel so I did not pursue that deal.

ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  13. don2222

don2222

That could have been your new career as a Big Executive Auto Parts Importer and distributor and by now you would be a Billionaire??

ivanhoe and imacman like this.
  14. imacman

imacman

We contacted Kenworth about a y-pipe to make the T-2000 dual stacks. When they quoted the price, which would have required the owner to take out a 2nd mortgage on his house, we decided the single was good enough. :picard:

ivanhoe likes this.
  15. badbob

badbob

A hundred bucks for an igniter,that eases your standard of living,and heats your house?WOW.The truck crap means nothing.,only a diversion to the format of this conversation.

eatonpcat and ivanhoe like this.
  16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

[​IMG]

To replace the mild steel crap with stainless :smoke:No need to buy replacement parts ever and saving $$$ for BEER :yes:
    [​IMG]

eatonpcat, Birddog91, badbob and 4 others like this.
  17. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

Looks great.
    Stainless steel is much better than the mild steel for sure....A tad rough on tools/drills, but worth the little extra PITA....

badbob, ivanhoe and don2222 like this.
  18. Birddog91

Birddog91

Used them to grab an ignitor. Crossing fingers 14 year old hastings only thing replaced is ignitor and burn pot.

19. badbob

badbob

Earlier this winter sent BIL an ignitor and combustion blower from them,had them dropped ship.Is warming up now,sister called and thanked me(finally).He burns out an igniter a year,1'st generation prescott,but perhaps is because is the old analog control board,and,when stove is on,is always running on high?Have checked several times,over the years,ignitor does shut off,after lighting.

20. Birddog91

Birddog91

Hmmm. Hastings fires up and shuts down, ignites within 1-2 minutes. I have been blessed with this stove, though i do not use it as much as most maybe 2 tons this year .

imacman, BHags, badbob and 1 other person like this.