In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Helping the wife

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Backwoods Savage, Jun 26, 2015.

  1. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    So I got home just in time for peas to be picked. That is where the ornery one is now. She also picked yesterday so the least I could do was to shuck peas. Looks like I'll be doing lots more but I really don't mind.

    One has to also understand that while I was in the hospital, she usually got there around 8:00 am and would not leave until I insisted she leave around 5:30 or thereabouts. After all, she still wanted to do some things at home and I had good care in the hospital. But, how many women would be doing what she is doing? That folks is just one of the reasons we are still in love and next Tuesday will be our 53rd wedding anniversary. I just don't know what I could get her that would be totally appropriate to show just how much she means to me.

    So, if I'm not on the forum long, you know I'll be shucking peas. Thankfully we've had neighbors come in to pick strawberries. Raspberries will be ripening very soon and there are plenty of them. When does she get to rest?
     
    unclefess, Deacon, Stinny and 11 others like this.
  2. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    If my guess is right, she has it.............that being you. Happy 53 early. It just gets better and better.
     
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Congratulations Dennis, 53 yrs is quite a long time. I'm not sure there is any gift you can give each other at this time in your lives but time. Since life is so short, time is the best gift of all.
     
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  5. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,655
    Likes Received:
    144,629
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Show her this post, incredible.
     
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Congrats Sav, I'm not sure how you got Judy to stack all the wood but nice job, happy anniversary.
     
  7. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    I'm guessing a long kiss and some hot steamy firewood stacking?
    You have a true soul mate Dennis we've got good women our lives
     
  8. savemoney

    savemoney

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    13,470
    Likes Received:
    69,200
    Location:
    Chelsea Maine
    Dennis, she hovers over you because that is the only way she feels comfortable. Good that you have neighbors that will lend a hand with some of the chores like picking the fruit. Also good that you are comfortable enough to shucking the peas.
    Love fresh peas. Like little white onions and cream with them. yum!
     
    Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.