In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

headed up north for 40th bday and snowmobiling

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Horkn, Mar 4, 2015.

  1. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    That's a long time to be bouncing around on a sled!
     
    Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  2. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Eagle River Mi. would only be a ten minute ride. lol
     
  3. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    Five days
    Not much bouncing except one evening coming into the casino area
     
    Backwoods Savage and wildwest like this.
  4. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    How did you like the view from Brockway?
    [​IMG]
     
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,239
    Likes Received:
    97,553
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I remember taking a group pic there
    very nice.
    Although it was a "few" years ago and we were more into the ride than the scenery:emb:
     
    wildwest likes this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,985
    Likes Received:
    312,215
    Location:
    Central MI
    If you ever get the chance Tim, go back to Copper Harbor. Once in summer and once in winter. You'll think you are on another planet. Not sure how much snow they've got this year but can tell you it is a bunch. They no doubt are approaching 300" by now. I remember one year we spent a few days at CH but could not get up to the top of Brockway Mountain Drive. We got just past the first lookout and suddenly there was about a 6' wall of snow. No way we could get the snowmachines up there. So, we did what any sane yooper would do. We got cross country skis. Went up again but still could not go farther. It was my first time for this and needless to say, that trip going down was wild! People could not believe I did it. That was for downhill skis, not crose country!
     
  7. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    "They no doubt are approaching 300" by now." ... o_O ... kinda puts things in perspective. 25 FEET of snow... :faint:
     
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    wildwest, Horkn and rottiman like this.
  8. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    pffftt!
    That's nothing! They're actually having an easy year this winter!
    http://keweenawcountyonline.org/snowfall.php
     
    wildwest, Horkn and Stinny like this.
  9. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Ahem... 25 feet of snow in a winter... give or take 10 feet... ain't nothin'... ;):D
     
    wildwest, Horkn and yooperdave like this.
  10. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    I had a great weekend of snowmobiling, and a fun 40th bday with friends. Then I got food poisoning after I got home on Sunday night, so yesterday was me in the bathroom, and on the couch. Today I was finally able to keep anything down and feel like a human being.
     
    wildwest, Beetle-Kill and Stinny like this.
  11. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,731
    Likes Received:
    224,507
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    I hear ya Horkn. Just what the heck did you eat for your celebration? Anyone else get "food poisoning" too?
    Maybe yours was too much liquid??
    Glad you're feeling better.
     
  12. Beetle-Kill

    Beetle-Kill

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2013
    Messages:
    4,102
    Likes Received:
    19,559
    Location:
    Near the Divide, Colorado
    Now what did I tell ya' about those brakes? It happens fast. :whistle:
     
    Horkn and wildwest like this.
  13. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,179
    Likes Received:
    166,490
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Naw, didn't drink much at all.
    I actually survived botchelism while in college from the food service on campus. I was taken to the hospital via ambulance for that about 17 yrs ago, and had to stay in the hospital overnight. The doctor told me I'd be susceptible to food poisoning more than most people for life due to this.

    I ate a venison hot stick Sunday evening before dinner. I wasn't aware that the hot sticks were not refrigerated since Friday night, when I had the first one with no consequences.

    I've traveled to a few countries, some with far less food quality standards as we have here in the states, and never had a problem, and I'm adventurous in what I'll eat, but I trust my gut about if I have any reservations about food quality. I have never been as sick as I was Sunday-Monday since getting botchelism.
     
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    wildwest likes this.