In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Has your weather changed in your lifetime?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Yawner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Moparguy

Moparguy

Global warming, climate change, whatever you want to call it, has been successful in one way... spreading guilt. Guilt is a great motivator, and you're pressured into feeling guilty for unsubstantiated claims of a climate crisis. Naturally, when guilt sets in, people feel the urge to correct what's causing them guilt. This makes people feel accomplished, contributive, worthy, etc. and momentarily rids them of their guilt. But nobody who believes in the climate crisis will actually do anything about what they're claiming is destroying the planet. They'll try to guilt the rest of us into believing like them, but they'll continue to consume fossil fuels, use plastic, heat their homes with anything other than solar energy, etc. Your overlords will continue to fly around the world in private jets on a regular basis just to talk about the weather and toast each other, all the while you stress about your "carbon" footprint and trying to provide for you and your family within the constraints of the economic burdens they've forced upon you.

2. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

:yes:

3. Timberdog

Timberdog

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  4. Timberdog

Timberdog

Sure. Just a whole lot less than Antarctica. At the geographical North Pole it is ocean under the ice.

NH mountain man and Felter like this.
  5. Timberdog

Timberdog

All I did was ask you a question. “Do you think that someone who doesn’t believe in the theory of global warming is for pollution anddestruction of natural resources? Just curious...”

There was no disrespect in that question.

So anyhow...first of all, I’m not the one making a battle out of everything. Just look at the points I post and everything gets faught against, whether it’s the name of a link or the minutia of a geographical border or chart, etc, etc.

Second of all, whenever I or anyone else makes the argument I am making there seems to always be this insidious implication that if you don’t accept the theory of global warming as currently presented then you are for unrestricted raping of the earth and pollution of the environment. This is far from reality of my stance.

And thirdly, you have expressed exactly my point in the whole GW issue. There is a TON of FAR more important issues such as you listed. So we agree there. And currently in the media and in the world of politics “GW” has been elevated to the importance of fighting WW2. This is a complete delusion and waste of time, energy and resources based all on illogical fear mongering.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    NH mountain man and Stinny like this.
  6. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

That may be true (if government is involved double that estimate). With that said it's the same "trust me the earth is going to end. Someday...".

Look I'm not saying I have a crystal ball but I do know that humans are highly adaptable beings capable of amazing things. 350 billion over the last decade is surely better than the Green New Deal. Cost estimates for that little gem is 93 TATATA-TRILLION dollars! That more than the world GDP in 2018. Think about that for a minute. Congress actually introduced legislation that would tag a $600,000.00 debt per household to combat something based on computer models and projections that have never come true and with which can be said with impunity because nobody is ever held accountable for being wrong. That's a big ask to make a .02% change over the next 50 years or whatever the make believe number is these days.

I wonder if anyone that advocates for things like the Green New Deal has ever asked themselves what life would be like if God forbid we ever did pass something even resembling the Green New Deal. You're talking 1800's life while being a tax slave. At least in the 1800's it would be my family and I against nature, but to be a tax slave on top of that? No thanks! Jesus please take me to the kingdom of heaven if that is life in this fallen existence.

I for one am not scared of climate change. Why? Because I've seen no compelling evidence that it is an imminent danger to my family or me. You know who also thinks the same? Real estate speculators and real estate lenders. These are some of the most powerful people on the planet and they are connected to the people that know the truth from the propaganda. Do you really think that these lenders would write 30 year notes on houses that were going to be consumed by the sea in 12 years? I don't think that's smart business. What I am scared of are things like the Green New Deal. I know exactly what that will do to my family and I. Make us slaves.

7. ironpony

ironpony

When I moved to Ohio from LI every said it snows too much in Ohio. Since I have moved here LI has far exceeded the amount of snow we have gotten here.

8. Stoveshamster

Stoveshamster

Here is the problem man made global warming believers have. ( I am not one)

1. There have been GW doomsday predictions made every decade since 1960. The world should have ended once every ten years since. That’s 6 times!!

2. Global Warming is what it was named first. Then once regular folk caught on that we were getting scammed the name was changed to Climate Change. Yeah no shirt Sherlock. Climate is always in a state of flux or CHANGING

3. The exact same things the GW alarmists are complaining about/ predicting have already happened dozens of times in the earth’s history many of which occurred before humans newer even here

The people who preach it on the news, especially major networks have ZERO credibility

Need I continue?

9. Stinny

Stinny

Over 50 years... Global Warming... re-branded to Climate Change... re-branded to Climate Crisis... :picard:

10. Felter

Felter Banned

NH mountain man and Stinny like this.
  11. Felter

Felter Banned

ok at 3:27 it shows a graph showing how wrong predictions about climate change were. I get that. the predictions were clearly wrong. but looking at that same graph, it clearly shows an increase in temperature. don't you agree?

personally I want global warming to be wrong. I love winter, I love snow and burning wood. :thumbs: I hope it starts getting colder each year. give me snow by the foot, not by the inch. :thumbs:

12. Stoveshamster

Stoveshamster

“Truth” according to whom exactly? :dex:

NH mountain man and Felter like this.
  13. Felter

Felter Banned

where did you get this info from? can you post a link? I'd like to read more.

14. SkidderDone

SkidderDone

NH mountain man likes this.
  15. Felter

Felter Banned

thanks for posting.
    side note I think whoever named the "green new deal" should not be in charge of naming anything again. :rofl: :lol:

Stinny and Marvin like this.
  16. Stinny

Stinny

How about the Green Raw Deal... :D

17. Felter

Felter Banned

:rofl: :lol: I was thinking a better name would be. uhhhh... summpin wong :rofl: :lol: or "hey... you gimme yoo money" :rofl: :lol:

18. Timberdog

Timberdog

19. jrider

jrider

Antarctica just measures their highest temperature ever yesterday. 65 degrees. And here I thought 62 in NJ in early February was warm.

NH mountain man, JoeinO and Midwinter like this.
  20. Timberdog

Timberdog

Meh, .8 degrees over previous measure....interesting they report it as unconfirmed. I remember the day when news agencies wouldn’t dare report something until it was confirmed. But remember it is the middle of summer right now in the Southern Hemisphere. But they do like to try to maximize “scariness”, especially when they know most readers are in the middle of winter and they forget that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    NH mountain man, JoeinO and Ronaldo like this.