In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Harman Auto Ignite Control board

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by nitro-fish, Dec 17, 2019.

1. nitro-fish

nitro-fish

I recently purchased a P68 and have come across an issue I've never experienced before; the stove will not cycle in the test mode, no lights (except power), no nothing! I used the test mode when I purchased the stove & everything worked as it should, but after a thorough cleaning, it no longer works in test mode (I checked the wiring & all seems good, but nothing happens in test mode). Now to add insult to injury, I put the stove through the normal start-up in auto mode and everything still works as it should in auto mode; igniter, combustion fan, distribution fan, burned for at least 45 minutes before I shut it down, it has me stumped. I'm sure open to ideas on this one.

ttdberg, ivanhoe, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  2. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

Maybe a dirty pot? If you turn the knob all the way back and forth a few times quickly, does it work then?

ttdberg, ivanhoe, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  3. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

....after a thorough cleaning? hmmmmm......
    Shouldnt be a dirty pot, that takes several years, but Ill hang my hat on a bad or dirty pot as well, for lack of anything better.

4. nitro-fish

nitro-fish

Potentiometers could be the answer, I've never seen anything like this on my others but I'll try that first, I happen to have two sets of new potentiometers, and a brand new board that was slated for the auto conversion for the oldest P61 this spring, one way or another I'll get it right.

ivanhoe, ttdberg, jtakeman and 2 others like this.
  5. nitro-fish

nitro-fish

Winner winner chicken dinner; finally got around to messing with this again today (did exactly what slvrblkk recommended above) and apparently I managed to get some dirt in the feed rate/test pot when cleaning the area with compressed air all is good now, thanks for the responses.

imacman, jtakeman, slvrblkk and 2 others like this.
  6. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

I use DeoxIT Fader Lube and cleaner on the pots...seems to work well.

ivanhoe, jtakeman and imacman like this.
  7. badbob

badbob

Yep,I have seen 2 boards that did not work in test mode. 1 was new, and got replaced. the other one,I have now idea what happened. Kinda the same as buying a used Dell PC.

8. nitro-fish

nitro-fish

badbob, I got lucky & just had a dirty pot as mentioned in post 5 above, followed slvrblkk's advice & all worked out well!

9. gbreda

gbreda

Its been a while since having this issue but I do remember that its always better with clean pot

Lousyweather, imacman and ivanhoe like this.