In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Harman Advance shutting down

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by cliffmac, Apr 16, 2019.

1. cliffmac

cliffmac

Thx for the info i could just get my fingers in there, and felt the buildup, so i bent a screw driver to scrape it clean. when i was done it was nice and smooth in there.

Cliff

imacman, ivanhoe and Lousyweather like this.
  2. Lousyweather

Lousyweather

so youre probably all good right now......cleaned, and added a bypass tube....good for another 20 years!

imacman and ivanhoe like this.
  3. badbob

badbob

There is a sticker on the control board, a part number. That can be compared with part numbers on the net,parts suppliers. In my limited experience with the newest versions(the "platinum board"), you may get slightly less heat at max, the flames may not totally roll over the top of the inside of the firebox and lick the glass. Also, room fan comes to high speed quicker,and stays on longer,when stove is cooling down. Also,combustion blower acts different,(yes, there are still people that think a Harman combustion blower runs at the same speed,all the time,but it does not), but I did not record and document the combustion blower readings on my Harman test meter,when I was doing testing. My overall opinion of the newer board,slightly less heat,possible more heat wasted out the flue,but, much cleaner stove. Same as when I put the very last produced programming prom in my Austroflamm, same results. Normally we would call that progress. Enjoy your stove. I very recently purchased a P68(older,but good shape) for my sister, hauled it up to them,showed BIL how to clean it,he could not believe a 1 ton cleaning could be that easy,after using their prescott for so many years.

ivanhoe, Lousyweather and imacman like this.
  4. cliffmac

cliffmac

Thx Bob for all your expertise and advice

Cliff

ivanhoe, badbob and imacman like this.