In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

GS..Other than firs, not very hot!!

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by Tullytown, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Tullytown

Tullytown

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I wasn't too excited with the northeastern blend. The do burned OK though. The Appalachian was pretty decent for me. On par with the stove chows IMHO. I burned 2 bags of the Blue ridge blend and might consider them. Wished there was more available in my area. Love to see those softies, But no likely for me.

slvrblkk and PelletHound like this.
  3. Scot Linkletter

Scot Linkletter

They are being honest and giving As Received values rather than the Moisture and Ash Free values that some disreputable places use.

4. Skier76

Skier76

The Allegheny blend has been a decent performer this year. I'd say about on par with Chow? But that's just feel; no data to back it up. We also replaced a bunch of windows in our house (originals were single pane mid 1960's) so that may factor in.

Mr Brick and jtakeman like this.
  5. Mr Brick

Mr Brick

I burned three tons of allegheny this season, I think they're off on the ash figures. Other than that, they've been fine this year heat wise, and btu per dollar was better than anything else up my neck of the woods.

Skier76, will711 and jtakeman like this.