In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Green Supreme

Discussion in 'The Pellet Bag' started by brokenwing, Jan 31, 2020.

1. brokenwing

brokenwing

Anyone burn Green Supremes this year. I am a lignetics person but am about out. Called my local Tsc and they have the Greens for 212.00 a ton. I am tempted to buy a ton without trying them! I have never been able to get pellets that cheap!

M2theB likes this.
  2. unbidden

unbidden

brokenwing and Pete Zahria like this.
  3. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

I wouldn't buy them for $2.12 /ton

brokenwing and Tullytown like this.
  4. Skier76

Skier76

I found them a bit ashy and slightly lower in heat than the Stove Chows I typically burn.

eatonpcat and brokenwing like this.
  5. Tullytown

Tullytown

Correcto!!!

Skier76 likes this.
  6. brokenwing

brokenwing

Stopped at Lowe’s they have golden pellets 247.00 a ton. They also have a Lowe’s brand I have never heard of. The goldens are a softwood blend. Anyone burn them?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  7. PelletHound

PelletHound

I'd go with the Goldens.Rumor is that they are Easyblaze softies.I would steer clear of the Green Supreme.

ttdberg, brokenwing and Pete Zahria like this.
  8. Tullytown

Tullytown

See if made in Virginia. Home of the Blaze.

brokenwing likes this.
  9. unbidden

unbidden

ttdberg and I recently picked up a ton of Virginia Golden; very dusty, and clinkers as bad as I've ever seen. In fact my Harman never produces clinkers but the Goldens are creating clinkers the size of a fist.

eatonpcat, ttdberg and brokenwing like this.
  10. PelletHound

PelletHound

Might have to try a few bags of each and see what burns best.:binoculars:

ttdberg and brokenwing like this.
  11. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

I've been burning the GS's northeast blend on warmer days. About the same ash and less heat then chows. Comparable to the TSC MWP maybe a bit more ash, and not quite as hot. Also have the Appalachian hardwoods which burn better and hotter than chows IMHO.

What erks me is TSC has MWP in hardwood labeled bags, Which we know are blends. I've squabbled at TSC, But never got a reply. False advertising IMHO. I've been meaning to mention it to Scot L, But have't had the time. I'm sure its TSC over site and not Scots!!

I haven't checked, But I bet TSC has the GS northeast blend also in a hardwood labeled bag, So buyer beware!!

12. MtDew

MtDew

The Clean Energy are Hamers. I have burned almost 2 Ton of the Goldens this year. They burn great for me in my P43. No clinkers.

PelletHound, slvrblkk and brokenwing like this.
  13. brokenwing

brokenwing

I have burned through a bag of Virginia Goldens last night. They burned great decent heat low ash no clinkers. I am now burning the Green Supremes, so far so good. The GS flame looks good, very little fines, and now I have to see how the ash looks in the morning and hopefully no clinkers!

14. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

I have not burned the Goldens but with the easy blaze I get clinkers in the P68 but for some reason not in the P43 , might be that the 68 is the main stove and working a lot harder than the 43 which just keeps my basement under positive warm pressure. The clinkers are a bit annoying but dont stick to the pot and are easily removed with a swipe of the Harman tool but they do kick the flame to the glass. I deal with it because they burn wicked hot , super low ash and a lot longer than for instance Matra's or Woods & Sons. At that price heck I would grab as much as I could get if they are in fact EB Super softies in another bag , it sounds like it if they are producing clinkers and the other characteristics you have mentioned. (Super hard pellet, light not strong pine scent actually a bit funky, and very few fines in the bag with a bit darker color )

brokenwing, ttdberg and PelletHound like this.
  15. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

Picked up a batch of the Virginia Goldens at the beginning of the season. Think I mentioned before, it's one of the best batches of EZB I've burned. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. TSC gets in another load of them, so I went down and grabbed some, and like unbidden mentioned, these are night and day different than the first batch. The mineral content in these must be through the roof. I've seen Luneyburg post a few times now about the batch of EZB he has producing clinkers. I never would have believed it (or the extent of it) unless I had seen it with my own eyes. Except for one other time with a super-bad batch of FSU, I can't recall ever seeing ash that forms like this. I guess you really would call it a clinker (or a clunker in this case, lol). It's one big solid mass that forms pretty rapidly (that picture was taken 8 hours after a clean startup). You can slide the Harman tool under it and lift it up as one big piece and the underside is like red hot coals. It makes the flame start to shoot forward into the glass. When you shut the stove down and the mass cools off, it becomes more brittle and starts to break apart like you see in the picture with the quarter. For reference, I also included a picture taken with the original good batch of VGs from the beginning of the season, that one is 12 hours in from a clean startup. Talk about a lesson in pellet inconsistency!

Attached Files: