Been needing to cover next years wood and had a little time today so headed out and covered he rest of the stacks for next year. Have the rest of what I processed this winter to cover yet but not in a big deal, I'll get it done.
Forecast for warm weather here by Friday. To melt the snow, must have been well over 40° Golf course open back up ???
Wow, no snow! I am wishing ours was gone now because then we'd also have no ice. But now it will be freezing up and we'll have a hard rock to walk on. Our road and driveway is just like a hockey rink. Difficult to walk on and even more difficult to drive on. Even with the atv, today I was going a whopping 10 mph and let off on the gas. I was quickly going sideways. No control at all. Called the county as it is difficult for me to believe it has been this way for over a week now and they've done nothing about it. If you have to go out with a car or truck, you almost pray you won't meet anyone because either vehicle could lose it at the blink of an eye.
Good to be able to get out and attend to some of those things still waiting to be done, We still have snow, but it is hard crusty stuff left after a fairly hard rain. While I personally don't care for the snow, if we loose it, we loose a lot of our plants in the gardens. Also, Maine is very dependent on the income resulting from winter sports and collision repairs.
Looks like you might get some snow then turn cold. Hope for wet snow so it can freeze to the ice. Will help a little.
Nice pic Swags. I have had better luck with plastic than tarps. I just slap stapled the plastic often all the way down each side and they last all Winter.
These are actually covers from lumber bundles, had my uncle save them for me. Seem like they will be a lot stronger than tarps. They have stitching crossed through them so will see how they hold up. Don't know how much Ill go through this winter. First year in the house, big house and needs insulated and playing with a new stove. But burned about 3 cord so far.