In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Got some Stihl stuff today...

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Guido Salvage, Oct 27, 2013.

  1. Guido Salvage

    Guido Salvage

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    1,735
    Likes Received:
    4,938
    Location:
    The heart of the Bluegrass
    An ad popped up on the local CL yesterday for a Stihl chain grinder. Responded to the ad and found out that he wasn't so local, but I made the 60 mile trip today and picked up this USG grinder.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    However, the better deal was the oil that I picked up. This is all Stihl Ultra, I got the six pack of the small bottles for $4, the 2.5 gallon bottles were $6 per package and the 5 gallon bottles were $8 per pack. I should have grabbed everything he had, but I can mix up close to 150 gallons of fuel which should last me a while.

    [​IMG][/QUOTE]
     
  2. JustWood

    JustWood Guest

    Decent deal on the oil. How much did u get the grinder for ? That's a good heavy unit !
    Couple years ago I snagged almost 2 cases of 32 0z bottle 2 cycle oil for I think it was $17 at an auction. Dang near dropped it walking to the truck it was so HOT !:thumbs:
     
  3. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,182
    Likes Received:
    56,136
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Sweet deal, How did you do on the grinder, thats in nice shape.
     
  4. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    That's a sweet Grinder! Congrats!!

    That oil would last me close to 15-20 yrs. using 10 gal or just under a year (saws, weed whackers, and leaf blowers). That was an awesome deal as well!!