In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a MARVELOUS MONDAY. Glad to see the wrist is doing so well, Mike. Hope the PT for yiur shoulder helps it improve.
    I'm off today, so guess we are headed over to the Plantation subdivision and cut some more trees. Allergies or sinus has kicked in, we both have some big, thick heads this morning. Prayers appreciated.
    61° this morning, headed to hot. Chance of thunder storm this evening.
    Let your light shine for JESUS.
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

mat60, Chvymn99, Woodwidow and 5 others like this.
  2. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

A little rain overnight. It's going to be cooler for a while now. Low 40's at night but no more frost...we hope. Lots of corn got planted last week around here.

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! We had a loud thunderstorm last night, with soaking rain. Possibly more this afternoon.
    It was good to have a rest yesterday. Grandson & I split a little wood in the sun, and then cooled WAY off in the pool. It took him a long time to get all the way in, but once he did, he swam to the deep end.
    Mike, I'm glad the PT is helping. It's getting too hot and muggy to do much wooding anyway.
    Woodwidow, I'm going to try a seedless Concord grape vine, and annual passionflower and cobea. Clematis is a great idea, easpecially the sweet autumn variety, which is very vigorous. Unfortunately wisteria is way too aggressive here. IMG_20220516_1882.jpg
    Have a good Monday!

4. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Good morning! 56F and sunny, cooler today. I finally finished mowing the back yard yesterday. Probably mow again tomorrow. I also got some more bundles made for inventory. I have a new hire and we're doing orientation this morning. Wood to split tonight. Have a God day!

5. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good morning everybody. It has cooled down for a few days. Only 57* today and rain.
    Yesterday we had thunderstorms all around us. Few stray rain drops. Cleared up late afternoon and warmed back up to 78*. Was so pleasant out I just sat on the porch and read.
    Have a great day all.

6. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    I never thought about a grape vine but that would be great. Just make sure the fruit is all on your side of the fence. Scarlet runner beans would be a good annual as well. It would fill up the space fast for this summer.
    by the way Midwinter, you are looking great. The diet and exercise really paid off.

Midwinter, mat60, WinonaRail and 6 others like this.
  7. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Have you thought of planting some morning glories all along the length of the fence? They'll grow this year while any perennials grow and develop. The more seeds, the thicker the cover.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    Midwinter, mat60, WinonaRail and 4 others like this.
  8. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, members.

A line of showers came through last night, leaving nice cool, drier air. Mixed overcast now, with a bright moon and mid 50's. Heading to 70⁰ and breezy.

I'm hoping to get some yard work in today. I have a couple of empty woodracks that need some final leveling, before I can move the oak splits for a 3yr nap.

Be safe
    Be healthy

Midwinter, mat60, WinonaRail and 6 others like this.
  9. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good morning... :coffee: ...

Midwinter, mat60, WinonaRail and 5 others like this.
  10. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, y'all. Hope y'all have TERRIFIC TUESDAY. Dr appointment this morning, then may try to haul a little wood. Start 7PM-7AM for the week. This sinus crud is making us both feel bad.
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

Midwinter, mat60, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Molly, you are looking good and all that exercise has worked.

Midwinter, mat60, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning All Overcast with rain threatening. We are supposed to get a winter storm tonight and tomorrow morning. We will see what happens. Our walk was nice this morning.
    Off to work now.

Everyone have a great day.

13. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good morning all. 50s for the high today. Sunny and breezy today.
    Jeff hope you and Carol get feeling better soon.
    Have a great day everybody.

14. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Good afternoon! It's been another beautiful day, up to 71F now. Heat, rain and will be moving back in tomorrow. I got about 1.5 face cords split and stacked last night. I'll hit it again after work and see if I can do about the same. I'll be without the skid steer for a few days so I'm trying to get ahead. 2 orders set to go out this weekend. Have a God day!

15. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: ... Rain overnight... hot and muggy today... :coffee:

T.Jeff Veal .... How are you and Miz Carol feeling today?

16. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Cool and breezy now, but headed to 95° on Saturday! Yuck!
    Lots of great ideas for vine coverage coming from you all. It will be an experiment for a couple of years.
    Thanks for the compliments, losing weight is well worth the effort. The hardest part are those evening, after dinner cravings. Keep some fruit handy.
    T. Jeff can't be too sick, he posted a TikTok video where he dropped a big red oak in 3 minutes! Hope the both of you feel better.
    Glad you can take advantage of the cool temps to get something done, Mike.
    I think I'll move some wood around today, plus mow the lawn, again. vAEIHHi.jpeg
    Have a good one.

17. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

The 43-63 today in temps with a good breeze. The grass needs to be mowed:coffee:

Midwinter did you consider Dutchman pipe it is great at blocking things out

18. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, y'all. Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. I'm alive, I think...:whistle::whistle:...feel like I have the flu, several joints are aching, headaches. I think Miz Carol feels worse than me. May try to get her to my Dr today.
    Molly, I dropped that tree Monday, when it felt like just sinus crud. Miz Carol was already feeling puny that day, mostly sat in the truck. Went to Dr Tuesday, I have Covid.
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

19. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, members.

Another nice day. Cool air, sunny. Heading to 70⁰ after a start in low 50's.

I hope to have the pile of splits moved this morning. Them lunch with a buddy.

Be safe
    Be healthy

20. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Sounds like a great day.