In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

We have a big cruise planned for October next year, so probably not...:(:(

2. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning brother Brandon Scott Hope you have a great week too. How are things going in KY. How soon will you make the transition to FLA?

3. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Mornin sir. I may go south in 2 weeks whether it is sold or not. Had a showing last night. I was sorta waiting to sell my Honda Odyssey but I think I’ll just give it to my sister. It really takes a lot to just pull up stakes.

4. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good luck! 120723_r22381_g2048.jpg

5. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I sure hate you having to leave that pretty place you have, but I really hope it helps you feel better physically.

Chvymn99, TurboDiesel, Chaz and 3 others like this.
  6. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Good afternoon all. Weird, weird day. Less than half of our student body showed up, less than 1/3 rode my bus, we had a threat yesterday. Police presence, empty hallways, weird. Pray for our future generations in the hopes they don't have to live through these threats. I am pro 2nd amendment, but something, better mental health evaluations need to be routine. Hope all of you are having a safe, productive day.

7. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Man that sucks. Hope they got the person responsible.

8. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! I got the easy part done yesterday... IMG_20190918_49127.jpg
    The shallow end is easy too, but the walls around the deep end are quite challenging! I don't remember how I did it last time, whether I leaned over the lip with the roller, or propped up a ladder against the wall of the deep end. Maybe I'll just do the shallow end today.
    My husband may not be having his other eye surgery today, some antibiotic drops that were supposed to be shipped haven't arrived.
    Never did get to do any splitting, after rolling that very sticky paint, my shoulders were done.
    Have a decent day!

9. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Midwinter, do you have a telescoping pole on your roller? Like for doing ceilings? Wouldn't that reach? Good luck, looking good so far.

Well most kids back on the bus and at school today. They are wound up for sure! Resiliency of youth! It was a he said, she said, they said type of deal. Police did search 6 different homes and found no cache of weapons as in the rumor. Juveniles so know nothing more and really don't care to. Not hiding my head in the sand, just having faith in the administration and police department.

Everyone have a great day, enjoy it, use it to its fullest, its the only time we get today.

10. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Glad there was nothing to it, I know they have to take all threats seriously. Hope you have a great day in the classroom and on the bus...:tip:...

11. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Looking good, Miz Molly. Got a question though...would I have been easier to start on the walls at the deep end and work your way back to the shallow end? Never painted a pool myself, just asking...

12. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. Another 12 hr day shift for me, counting them down though, won't be long before a little R&R...
    I'll tell y'all about that tomorrow.
    Did a bit of grass trimming around the flower beds for my hunny when I got off yesterday evening and then got a little splitting therapy in before it got to late.
    Yesterday is past, tomorrow isn't guaranteed, today is a GIFT from GOD, that's why it's called the present...
    Remember the Golden Rule...
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

13. Midwinter

Midwinter

I do the deep end first, because that's where rainwater and debris collects. Get it done and don't have to keep draining and cleaning it.

14. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Ok. I see .Good idea.

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Husband's eye surgery happened yesterday, so now he has good vision in both eyes, yay! Except now he can see how dirty things are, hmm.
    Just have to take him to a follow-up appt. this morning, so I can get serious about painting the pool. I'd like to get all the walls done today, so tomorrow I can just do touch-up. In the 80's this weekend, which should cure it nicely.
    I've also been bringing wood down to the basement. It's all short oak chunks. IMG_20190919_15546.jpg
    Between stashing it in the basement and giving some away, I hope to make an empty space to put the new oak in.
    Have a great day everyone!

16. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

So glad your hubby got his surgery done and prayers for quick recovery. I remember when my dad had his done, I told him I would have to do alot better in the shop helping him, since he could see now...lol...
    Miz Molly Busy as a Bee...ought to be your nickname...you are such an inspiration. Hope all your plans come together. Good on you for helping others with their wood supply, that's what FHC does, share the blessings.

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a TREMENDOUS THURSDAY. Last day of work for me. Starting my 7 days off...
    I'm going to R&R (shock) with my hunny...:):thumbs:. No wood cutting till middle of next week...:(o_O...
    We are going to Jekyll Island, way down on our southern coast, they are having a 3 day Shrimp and Grits Festival, we have never been to it or the island. I'll send some pictures. As jrider says, a beach day does ya good sometimes. We are celebrating our anniversary from earlier this month. We will be back Tuesday, got to get the load of :grizz:wood ready for our new customer, so he can cook a ...:drool: and then cut 2 yards Wednesday and start helping my son work on his house hook up water, sewer line, install electric service.

18. Midwinter

Midwinter

Shrimp & grits on the beach sounds awesome! I'll make do with the pickle festival in Winchester. Have a great time, and don't be jonesing about wood!

19. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I'll try my best to behave and not sneak any wood in Miz Carol's new car...:tree::stacker:...:D...
    Eat some pickles for us

20. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Glad the eye surgery is done. Still planning a trip north with hubby to get more wood. Now you have to get to work on that messy stack of wood. Lol