In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Backwoods Savage and mat60 you both need to keep reaching out to people. The people here are very understanding and supportive. I have found in the past that knowing people are praying for you makes a big difference.

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Afternoon all. I am done. Sitting here surfing FHC is taking the weight off my knees. We made it home yesterday and today we have been unpacking the r-p0d. I didn't realize how much stuff we packed into it along our trip. Fortunately it has been clear and sunny today so no fighting the rain as we bring stuff in. My knees are really disliking all the stairs I have been doing. We hate to totally winterize it as we are thinking if the weather is half decent in Nov., we w ill go out for a couple of days.

Garden took a hit while we were gone. I forgot to get my squash (all 2 of them) harvested before we left and I lost them to bugs and rain. Beans outside of the garden patch have been eaten and the ones inside don't look like they set fruit at all. Peas are coming along and I have a small batch of carrots. Broccoli sprouted some heads that look edible. Not a very productive garden this year.

I have some more pictures to post but maybe later tonight.

3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I would like that Mark.

4. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

5. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, everyone.

Low 40's and clear to start the day. :thumbs:

Some yard cleanup today.

Red Sox win 12-3. Lead 2 games to 1.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

6. schlot

schlot

Morning everyone.

Found a forever home for a little stray mom and her 4 kittens she had. The woman and taking them seems like a great fit! Going to drop them off later today.

Sad seeing the little fur balls go, but just can't keep anymore in our little house.

Have a good one everyone!

7. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! It's chilly, so I started a cedar and poplar fire. Someone appreciates it!
    IMG_20211019_35770.jpg
    Yesterday I filled 4 bags with pine needles. More of that today. Have to bring more poplar in too.
    Have a good day all!

8. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good they found a home before winter!

9. schlot

schlot

True.

There is another set of four older kittens that live on our porch. Funny how they find us. Maybe my wife putting out food everyday has something to do with that? :)

We have a couple little huts with warming pads out there for them.

Hoping they get friendly enough with us so we can get them taken in to the vet and have them "fixed" so there is not more running around. :)

10. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good thing we don't have many or any strays around here. I would be just like your wife! As it is, I have to settle for putting carrots out for the rabbits.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  11. mat60

mat60

Good moning all.. Got a tuff morning a head. Have to go to the funeral home to sign papers and see what I can work out with them. Then off to the town hall. Been trying to drum up some work also. Going to be a long winter. I think I been in shock because I feel worse than I did. I new this would happen but I will work though it. It was hard cleaning the house up with the things she was using. Before the weather gets bad I got 2 cord or so of logs to cut and split for the shop along with a roof to patch up and many other things I havent been able to do. I no about wood drying time but it is what it is for now. I hope my post are not making things worse for Dennis but I also no its very hard for him anyway. I hope some how I can help him... I love you all..Mark

12. rottiman

rottiman

Morning everyone, 30 here this morning. Supposed to get up to 63 later today. Trying to get the yard cleaned up for the final time this fall. Everyone have a great day.

M1.jpg

13. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

Good morning! 43 and overcast. Should be a nice day. Had a good service last night and got to see many minister friends from around the country. 2 services today and probably some sightseeing this afternoon. I'd it strange that I keep wondering how my roadside firewood stand is doing not being home to fill it up? Have a God day!

Sent from my QTAXIA1 using Tapatalk

14. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Morning All. Another busy day catching up on a month's worth of bookkeeping, grocery shopping and general tidying up and putting away. Weather was awesome yesterday but looks like it is going to be an overcast day here today. Warmer this morning as well.

Everyone have a great day.

15. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

X2

16. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good afternoon. Started the day at 34*. Don't think we are going to hit 50*. Clear blue skies though.
    Got some laundry to finish up.
    Mark, we are all here for you. If you want to lay it on us, please do. The same goes for you to Dennis.
    Have a good day all.

eatonpcat, WinonaRail, mat60 and 8 others like this.
  17. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

Good early morning. My wife and I are headed up north early tomorrow morning through the weekend. We are planning on doing some firewood, grouse hunting, deer sign scouting, and relaxing. Weather looks good. Mostly clear with lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s.

eatonpcat, WinonaRail, mat60 and 8 others like this.
  18. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee:

eatonpcat, WinonaRail, mat60 and 6 others like this.
  19. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, everyone.

Another nice fall day.

More yard work this morning. Then a haircut.

Red Sox lost. Series tied 2-2.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

20. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I pulled a bunch of wisteria vines down along the back fence line. The old neighbors let a jungle grow back there, but the developers bulldozed everything. I got some long vines out, it's better than it was.
    That and swimming wore me out, I slept great!
    0JoBhKo.jpg
    Have a good Wednesday!