In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! We will have two days of low humidity, before it gets nasty, and I work best with a deadline, so I'll tackle the locust in the driveway, and trim some bushes. The are 10 yews on three sides of the house, used to be 11 but my husband took the chainsaw to one a couple weeks ago, after it scratched him on the leg.
    Next weekend when it's hot I think we'll rent a trailer from Uhaul and have me practice in a parking lot. I've got a lot to learn before I'm not a hazard on the road.
    Definitely in the summer groove now, all I need is for local veggies to come in to make life complete. Oh, and lobster at $4.99/lb.
    Have a great summer day everyone!

2. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Oh, and lobster at $4.99/lb...wow...eat some for us...

Chvymn99, Chaz, Brandon Scott and 2 others like this.
  3. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a MARVELOUS MONDAY. I'm off today.... yippee...have to take my granddaughter to Dr appointment about 70 miles away. Should be back to have this afternoon to putter around the wood yard.nWe do have to go clean up a big pecan limb that fell at a neighbor's house yesterday.
    Remember those in need, do a kind deed, share a smile....GOD LOVES YOU.

4. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good afternoon all. About 80 out. Seen a military helicopter fly over the valley a little while ago. Don't see to many often any more. And in a min or two coo coo will be going by. We used have long coal trains go by when we first moved here but don't see them anymore. Now they pretty much use it to get to a siding a little ways down the tracks.

Have a good day.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  5. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY. Going up to the wood pile and split awhile this morning, then nap time. Start night shift tonight for 3 days...had a good day yesterday, granddaughter's Dr appointment went good, got back in time to get some more wood for the smoking pile and then we had a dip in the pool, our son and his family came over for a visit last night.
    GOD is so good.
    Share a smile, offer a hand, count your blessings, not your problems...GOD BLESS YOU.

6. Midwinter

Midwinter

Glad you had fun yesterday! Today my goal is to split all the wood left in the driveway! IMG_20190716_6364.jpg
    It's really not too much, I put a dent in it yesterday. I don't want it to miss out on drying weather. We have pleasant temps today and Thursday, rain Wednesday, and terrible heat and humidity this weekend.
    The cat is shedding mightily, and every time she lets me groom her I come away with a big handful of fur. She loves the heat, though.
    Have a great day every one!

7. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good afternoon all. The weather ugh it to hot and muggy. Quiet day here at the house. Have a good day everybody.

Chaz, T.Jeff Veal and Brandon Scott like this.
  8. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Hope you reach your goal...

Chaz, Midwinter and Brandon Scott like this.
  9. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

We worked from about 8 till almost 1...don't ya think it was time to stop... IMG_20190716_130722374.jpg

Chvymn99, Chaz, Midwinter and 2 others like this.
  10. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Sometimes you are a glutton for punishment. :rofl: :lol:

We are suppose to get thunderstorms and looking across the valley rain might be coming in. Hope it doesn't Jack up humidity but cools us off.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Chvymn99, T.Jeff Veal, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  11. Midwinter

Midwinter

Well I didn't but I'm getting there! IMG_20190716_44356.jpg

12. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

It’s apparent you have issues. Good job!

13. Midwinter

Midwinter

I may have to whack those big ones in half, to get them on the splitter. Not going to experiment flipping the splitter to vertical.

14. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

It might sound crazy but I always wanted to pour a concrete pit and put my splitter down in it. Logs could be rolled by foot with no lifting or bending over. I never really needed to because of having a skid steer. As bad as my back has become I can’t imagine splitting vertical. I know it works very well for some.

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

I can see now that a log lift is a huge plus. This locust has given up some water during its month on the driveway. They are not nearly as heavy as the same size oak would be.

16. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

We have always splitted vertical. I find it is easier on the back. I can't even imagine trying horizontal. Plus my bulging disk limits how long I can stand.

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

I went back to vertical for the big stuff, after splitting big rounds in half or quarters, still pulled a muscle in my back bad about a month ago.

18. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope yall have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. One night down, two to go... guess we will split and stack more this morning after breakfast. Quit by lunchtime, Miz Carol has to take granddaughter to get her some more glasses, school starts back soon down here, Aug 2nd.
    Remember the Golden Rule.
    GOD LOVES YOU.

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

Wow, August 2nd! They must get out early in the spring.
    I'm trying to get outside stuff done before the rain starts. I'm kind of looking forward to some inside time during the rain and heat, I have tons to do inside, but if the weather's nice it doesn't get done.
    Went to the farm stand yesterday, no NH corn until the end of the month. Cukes and summer squash are local. There were MA tomatoes, but maybe just from a greenhouse in MA!
    Well, back to it. Quiet time is over at 8A, almost time to make some noise!
    Have a great day, whatever you do.

20. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Kids get out around the end of May...they get several holidays and teacher workdays off.