In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, sister. Have a great day.

2. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY. Finally started cleaning up the woodyard yesterday afternoon, pushing old worthless wood into the junk pile, using the landscape rake to cleanup small pieces and bark. Got to move the splitter and canopy over to 2 empty sheds and start on them. Got a new customer coming this afternoon to get a full cord of wood, he's picking it up...:thumbs:...
    Be encouraging, be the LIGHT in this dark world...
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

3. Midwinter

Midwinter

You've got to train them that way!
    I should talk, our friend who's been picking up wood at my house hasn't come for three weeks.

4. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Swamp maple

5. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Good morning all. Chaz has had to defrost his car windshield the last couple of mornings. We are going to warm up a little.
    Have a great dau all.
    Stay safe and stay healthy.

6. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning all. Gorgeous morning with the sun coming up in a mostly clear sky. I think we get rain later today. We had a good trip yesterday. I bought new hiking shoes and day shoes. I don't collect shoes so I wear hiking boots for the morning walk and a pair of day shoes for everything else. I have a pair of "good" shoes for church but they haven't been used for a while as we attend church by zoom. Now on the other hand campinspecter has a real collection.

I have bookkeeping to do, a bathroom to clean that I have been putting off and hopefully get down to the garden to see if the slugs have left anything of my new sprouts. I know I have carrots coming up but I think the peas got attacked.

Everyone have a great day. I know I am going to.

7. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

68 here this morning. Brrrrrrrrr...

8. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, everyone.

No real plans today, so this-n-that in the yard will do.

Stay safe
    Stay healthy

9. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: ....

10. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I made a big dent in the driveway oak pile. I'll continue to chip away at that until it gets too hot. Mid 70's is too warm for splitting and stacking. No morning fires for awhile.
    I still have to fill the water bags around the pool cover, that's a good job for warm weather.
    My husband's been working too much, he was supposed to be 20 hrs/ week, but he's gotten sucked right back into their drama. 8icKZFH.jpg Have a good Wednesday!

11. JoeinO

JoeinO

Good morning folks! Well got another day off that I was not expecting. :banana:
    Finally got all the rounds from up at the neighbors. Need to get to splittin.
    Have a blessed day everyone.

12. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. Got a couple projects to do. Company is supposed to install a carport today, and we need to start filling an empty shed. Nice to have a little cooler temps. 0922201856a.jpg 0923200823.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  13. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Morning all. Not raining yet this morning. We were supposed to get a storm last night. I don't think it amounted to much at this end of the island. Rain now until next week. Replanted some pea and Pac choy seeds and covered them with ashes. Hopefully this foils the slugs. I think I am too late in the year now for anything to produce. There is always next year, right.
    Everyone have a great day.

14. Midwinter

Midwinter

Some people stir-fry pea tendrils!

15. Midwinter

Midwinter

Good morning everyone! I'm off to assist with remote learning today. Both my son and DIL will be tied up with their remote jobs, and unable to sit with my grandson while he does his remote school. This modern world...
    Hy1ywAv.jpg
    IMG_20200924_46189.jpg
    Wish me luck!
    Have a good day, all.

16. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning y'all. Hope y'all have a TREMENDOUS THURSDAY. We have to go do a bit of yard work and other jobs for our friends in town. Gonna be a busy day

18. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Morning all. Pouring rain this morning. Big rain event happening on Vancouver Island for the next couple of days. We got thunder yesterday with the occasional flash of lightening. No walking this morning and inside jobs (read bookkeeping) for today.

Midwinter have fun with the remote learning. Our school district isn't doing much of that this fall. It could all change if the COVID numbers go up though.

Everyone have a safe and great day.

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

So far, teacher wrestling with the technology 75% of the time. We're on a long break right now. The kids are engaged though, even if they're only reporting problems. IMG_20200924_58681.jpg

20. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Our teachers are using Google Classroom to augment the classroom. I haven't seen what it looks like but I think it isn't as interactive as Zoom. when students are away sick or in quarantine, they can keep up with what is happening in the actual classroom.