In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Stove all ready for 24-25 heating season.

Pretty wood in for the summer and a chunk of interesting looking oak on top. The white birch gets rid of the black hole. IMG_20240625_095424.jpg

2. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Oh dear Backwoods Savage it sounds like a very tough day yesterday. I do hope that it is bruising and nothing more. I will be thinking of you all day.

3. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Morning all. Up real early this morning and went and had the alignment on the truck done. It needed it. I guess the roads across the Canadian Shield were too rough.
    Last night we didn't have "shore" power to the RV. Gasp! the microwave didn't work. This morning we didn't have time to deal with it. Our power pole outside is sitting in a lake so campinspecter didn't want to wade in there to have a look. Owner of the campground came, walked into the lake and reset the breaker. Better him than one of us.
    campinspecter also tighten the drain under the bathroom sink so we are all shipshape again. Time for lunch, nap and exploring again.
    Rain quit yesterday afternoon and it looks like we will have sunshine all day today and tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day.

4. John D

John D

I like your post because you are okay.
    This is something you probably have done 100 times. Like me we get so comfortable doing something dangerous one way because we know it saves time and hassle but it’s that one time we pay for it
    I am really glad you are okay and will be ready to fight another day

5. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I am happy to report that things are looking up. As I type this there is heat on my shoulder. I am able to use the right arm just a little if I keep it close to my body. Can't reach with it yet but that should improve. Best of all is the pain has diminished a lot, again so long as I keep the arm close and not reach. Very difficult putting a shirt on. But things should continue improve daily. I did drive the car yesterday too, one handed. Reaching for the shifter is interesting.

6. theburtman

theburtman

Good morning everyone! Periodontist this morning. I will be glad when it's over.

7. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, members.

A summery day today. 68⁰/90⁰ Humidity on the rise. Not bad, currently 55⁰ dewpt. Thunderstorms later this afternoon and tonight.

I'll go for a walk this morning.

I'm planning to meet a friend for lunch.

Be safe
    Be healthy

8. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: ... Raining currently ... Dentist cleaning this evening... Hopefully smooth in between...:whistle:

9. John D

John D

Good morning
    74/86
    30 percent chance of rain should be a good day for work
    I hope everyone has a great day

10. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, ya'll. Hope ya'll have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY. 68°, forecast high of 102°. Planning on cutting the pecan up this morning, then moving more things from our son's house when he wakes up after lunch.
    It is very dry down here...
    Some of our grass 20240625_154141.jpg
    Yesterday, as we were bringing the tractor home from a job 20240625_150305.jpg
    Maybe we will get some rain tonight.
    Be blessed, be a blessing
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

11. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Dennis, glad you are beginning to feel better. Take it easy, brother

12. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Morning all. Nice day yesterday with just some rain in the evening. Sun is out today so it will probably warm up. Our lake is diminishing but very slowly.
    Went for a drive yesterday afternoon. Back roads can be rather rough. We found the Iroquois lock. No boat going through at the time. Just a single lock. Hopefully we will see one go through. Great viewing from above the lock.
    Sightseeing again today.

MikeInMa I thought I was going to be rather depressed to mention the game last night again but there are occasionally bright spots in their season.
    Backwoods Savage so glad to hear you are improving. Maybe time for an automatic shift vehicle?

Everyone have a great day.

13. Backwoods Savage

Thank you but know for certain I would not even consider working outdoors in that heat!

14. Backwoods Savage

Thank you. Actually I was forced into an automatic transmission a few years ago when it got to the point I could not hold the clutch in when stopping at traffic lights or even stop signs. So now I only have to move the shifter to forward, reverse or park. The left leg is not needed for this but the right arm is. Darm, sometimes you get curve balls thrown at you.

Keep enjoying your vacation.

15. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Any plans on catching a Toronto home game, regardless of opponent, while in the neighborhood?

16. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

We would have liked to but having the dog with us is a bit of a problem. It was so hot when we were there that leaving her in the car was out of the question. We didn't really research too hard for campgrounds locally as the traffic is a bit of a nightmare. I think finding a campground nearby is something you have to do quite a bit in advance and get your reservation in ahead of time.
    Although the way they are playing, space might be more available than you think.

17. theburtman

theburtman

Good morning everyone!

18. Backwoods Savage

Went to a class reunion yesterday. It was great seeing some old friends again. Some are getting together again today but I'm not sure I can go.

19. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning… :coffee: … ended up with about 1.25” of rain yesterday… and much cooler temperatures…

20. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, members.

Rainy morning. 65⁰/85⁰ Humidity is supposed to drop.

Running errands after the rain stops.

Be safe
    Be healthy