In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Good Morning, Brothers & Sisters Thread

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by T.Jeff Veal, Mar 14, 2019.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

MikeInMa did your dad get the stomach virus that was going around?
    Hope some fluids get him on the mend.
    May JESUS give him HIS HEALING TOUCH.

2. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Sunrise service at the Baptist church amphitheater 20240331_073233.jpg

3. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Thanks!

My mom caught the stomach bug last weekend. Dad's turn, it seems. They are still running tests.

***EDIT - Turns out to be a bowel obstruction. He's to be admitted until things clear out.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  4. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Sure glad they found the problem, that's a little more serious than a bug.

5. theburtman

theburtman

Good morning everyone! Nice day ahead weatherwise. Wood splitting is the plan.

6. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

theburtman Good morning, brother. Hope you have a blessed and wonderful day. Planning on splitting a little wood with a grandson this morning, too.

7. theburtman

theburtman

Thanks Jeff!

8. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, members.

I didn't get a hospital phone call overnight. No news is good news. Had quite a scare yesterday when dad became non-responsive, resulting in a code blue. Within 10seconds, there was a crash kit in his room with a dozen people that came from all directions. I hope to never have to witness that again.

Before heading to the hospital, I hope to have a few minutes for some outdoor yard tasks.

Be safe
    Be healthy

Woodwidow, Sawdust Man, 0rion and 4 others like this.
  9. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: ... Happy April Fools day... :D ... Had a good day yesterday... even brought some pecan home... Dads gardening buddy pecan tree shed a nice limb last summer during a storm... and he just wanted it to disappear... I had Dad cut it up for me... Pretty hard to pass up... :whistle:

IMG_7282.jpeg

10. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

This is not good. Scary for sure. Wishing good luck for your father and the family.

11. Sawdust Man

Sawdust Man

Good morning y'all.

64/78 clouds and thunderstorms predicted for the next 28 hours.

Still planning the week, will see what develops.

Y'all have a blessed day!

12. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Thanks!

He's stable. Due to the blockage, there's multiple body functions being stressed. Current plan is rest and continued monitoring. The blockage is thought to be a kink in the tubing. It is hoped it clears itself. If not, other discussions will need to be had.

13. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning all. Grey and overcast this morning with the prediction of rain. We will see what we get.
    Unloading the truck this morning. Took a little longer to load the truck yesterday as we went through a lot of punky wood. After we got home, there was lunch and then baseball. I hope the rain holds off as I would like to get the utility trailer emptied. I have stacks of salmonberry, blackberry, rosebush and grass clippings in it that I have been gathering up from the garden. It really needs to be emptied. I did a little moss dethatching yesterday and filled a couple of really big bags that need to go as well. It sure takes up a lot more room when when you brush it out like that.

MikeInMa praying for really good news about your father this morning.

Everyone have a great day.

14. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good Morning... :coffee: .... some decent thunderstorms evening and overnight yesterday...

15. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

Good morning, members.

Overcast day today. 39⁰/49⁰

Three days of rain begins later today. 2+ inches of rain forecasted. 3hrs north and it's up to 2 feet of snow.

After some grocery shopping, I'll head to the hospital. Again, no overnight calls, is good news.

Be safe
    Be healthy

16. theburtman

theburtman

Good morning everyone! We are supposed to get about 3 inches of snow over the next several days. I slept in this morning since my wife is home from work with RSV. Nasty stuff. She coughs constantly. If you want to get sick work in a hospital. It seems to be going through her department.
    I did get some wood split yesterday and hope to finish today and get it stacked before the snow.

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Good morning, ya'll. Hope ya'll have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY. 65°, heading towards 83°, cloudy. Humidity is up, rain/thunderstorms incoming this evening/night. Might cut a bit of wood this morning, then Miz Carol and I have peeper appointments this afternoon. I know I will get new glasses, as the coating has wrinkled again, looks like hundreds on tiny scratches on the lens...
    Had a great day with our 7 yr old grandson on the woodyard. He helped me split some chunks for a tote...
    20240401_110915.jpg
    20240401_110944.jpg
    He asked if I had a job he could do. He wanted to earn $20 to buy a book from the book fair at school...
    He loves dinosaurs and reptiles, he got this book and .57 cents change... 27917.jpeg
    We had a couple members from church help load items from our missions collection room. We will donate this to Goodwill while in town for eye exams. 20240401_161235.jpg
    Be blessed, be a blessing
    GOD LOVES YOU AND ME

18. Sawdust Man

Sawdust Man

Good morning y'all.

60/65 clouds and sun.

I guess we had some storms come through last night, no damage here and the power stayed on.

Planning to work on something that needs doing today,

Y'all have a blessed day!

19. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

My dad's cardiologist and respiratory systems are reporting improved numbers of this-n-that. Good news, finally.

They can now focus on the blockage.

20. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Morning all. Dark, grey and rainy this morning. I think we get two days of this. We unloaded the truck of firewood yesterday and then put firewood down in the basement from the dry bin. Even got the trailer unloaded of all its yard waste. Got some bookkeeping done and then ended the day watching the Blue Jays get shutout. Great game from the opposing pitcher and catcher.
    Working today and tomorrow. Elementary and then high school. It should be fun.

MikeInMa Glade to hear you have good news about your dad.

Everyone have a great day.