In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Getting some work...................

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, May 20, 2015.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    lined up. I'll start on 7667,68 & 69 in another week, the three pics are of the same tree which I hope is a Sugar Maple mother nature dropped.

    The other pics are up in the same area so I should be getting some nice wood out of this area.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Horkn and thewoodlands like this.
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Once I get it up the hill, yes.

    Eric VW , I don't have a trail in yet but I'll check that out this week or weekend.

    I'm hoping it won't be much work but I think that area is thick with smaller trees,
     
    Backwoods Savage, Horkn and Eric VW like this.
  4. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Well of course, man! Just a little anxious to see, that's all:D:binoculars:
     
    thewoodlands, WoodovenAT and Horkn like this.
  5. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    It looks like sugar maple to me, and for your sake I hope it is.

    If it's sugar, it will make the extra work to get a trail cut will be well worth it.

    I plan on getting at least some splitting done this weekend ( and more morels).
     
  6. Smokinpiney

    Smokinpiney

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,811
    Likes Received:
    20,675
    Location:
    "South" Jersey
    Got some work cut out for ya! Dats a big sugar maple!
     
  7. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    It never fails, old man winter throws you so many bones that you are full time busy. All good stuff in my book, keep up the good work. Put the 4 wheeler away for the holiday weekend already, enjoy the boat!
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The boat will wait for a bit, I did find some nice Beech that mother nature left hung up so I'll take the boss with me this weekend so we can get it down.

    It's low enough I can throw a rope over it so I can drag the cable around it so we can pull it down, it looks like the Beech is good wood.
     
    My IS heats my home and Horkn like this.
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,157
    Location:
    Central MI
    Hope that beech is good. Sweet!
     
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It's broke off in the same place the last Beech I grabbed was so I'm thinking we'll get a few bad rounds where it broke off and the rest should be good.
     
  11. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,458
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Yeah, I've taken the boat out of storage but the lake is too cold to enjoy it yet.

    I'll be using my ATV this weekend in the woods too. :)