Hello All, I want to install a used Country Flame-02 with a Cat into my masonry fireplace. The fireplace currently has a NG line in it. Are there any issues with removing the NG burner pipe, capping it and installing the insert? The NG line sticks out about 3.5" into the fireplace and has two 90 degree elbows and the burner pipe. Barring any stove dimension issues what do you think? Thank You.
Personally I would follow it to where it goes outside or in the basement ect... After that shut it off and pull the gas line out completely from the fireplace. That is from a safety standpoint ! But I am a bit anal about safety issues.
All I know is it goes from the fireplace to the control valve after that probably through the slab to the main line. No basement or crawlspace.
Needs to be out of the fire box area. That will resolve any issues that could possibly be brought up. As it sits in the last picture it would be a red flag to any inspector. Got to remember they are going to cover their hind side. Plus it just makes for a much nicer/cleaner looking install.
Short of cutting out some of the bricks on the right side of the fireplase where the control valve is, this is my only option.