The is an old bread bakery in a town just north of me that has been sold to a company that is going to make fire logs from hay. " City officials expect an influx of jobs and revenue after the long-vacant building is bought by a company that makes fire logs out of hay. They plan to be running by the first quarter of 2015. Straw logs, it this something new?
I wasn't quite sure what this post was all about, it has my interest now. I'm sure someone has thought of a way to use straw/hay into a renewable heat source. I would think it would have to be compressed together somehow and a binder of something to keep it together. I'd be interested in the process
I'm curious if these are like those fire logs that can be just put in an open fireplace and lit mainly for the ambiance or if they are really are for heating.