In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ford 9n

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by CurDog, Jul 31, 2020.

1. CurDog

CurDog

.Wasn’t even in the market for one but a cousin called yesterday at lunch and told me where to go look.
    Talked him down to $1600 and took it home yesterday evening. In good shape but the pics look a little better than it really is, he engine runs like raped ape. Taking it to the farm tomorrow to see how she likes a 5’ bush hog
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stlshrk, eatonpcat, Lone_Gun and 12 others like this.
  2. MAF143

MAF143

Congrats on that deal. Sure are handy to have around.

I had one similar to that but sold it when Dad decided to get rid of the family TO-35 Ferguson. We (now me) as a family always had one of the 3-point dirt scoops like in your picture. It has moved lots of dirt over the years. It dug 3 basements that I know of. The 3-point attachments sure are handy. My latest buy is a 6 foot finish mower and I wish I had gotten one YEARS ago...

3. Screwloose

Screwloose

Nice !! The old fords sound soothing pulling a mower. In fact I fell asleep mowing once and a tree branch woke me up.

eatonpcat, MAF143, Horkn and 5 others like this.
  4. grandgourmand

grandgourmand

That is a pretty tractor

MAF143, Horkn, jo191145 and 4 others like this.
  5. CtRider

CtRider

Very nice. In my teens I used a Ford (can’t remember 8n or 9n) hauling a hay wagon and cutting brush. Remember using all my weight standing up for the brakes haha.

MAF143, Horkn, jo191145 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy

My father-in-law bough a 9n new in '51 and still has it and it runs great with a Woods finish mower behind it. Now that he's 82 I guess the 9n runs a bit better than he does.

7. Horkn

Horkn

We had a 8n for decades. Think grandpa bought it new. It had a FEL a rear blade and a Ford 5' brush hog. We almost always left the hog on it. That thing worked great pulling the brush hog. I used that to keep the trails clear at the hunting land. Loved that tractor. It was old, but reliable. The only time it let me down was when a couple wasps got stuck in the fuel petcock.