Once You Go Lumberjack

For the money, WHO, sells the best tarps?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by B.Brown, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:39 AM.

1. B.Brown

B.Brown

Looking for some good, long lasting tarps to cover wood with, who, or where do you find good long lasting, tarps, that really do last more than a year or 2? thanks And, yes i do fold them up in the summer and put them away.

2. jtstromsburg

jtstromsburg

Probably not what you’re looking for, but I haven’t found anything better than canvas and I don’t want to pay much for wood covering if I can help it. I found a local truck tarp place that gives away the old tarps. Few holes here or there, but I like to cut them into 5’widths so they hang over the 4’ wide piles a bit, and they’re heavy enough that a few uglies or whatever else is handy keeps them from
    Blowing around. It was a pain to deal with in full size but once I opened it all up and cut my sections it seems like it’ll last a long time. Others found similar success with rubber roof membrane if you can come across some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bret Hart

Bret Hart

4. B.Brown

B.Brown

5. B.Brown

B.Brown

Well, that didn't take long, just ordered a 14x45 billboard tarp, it will come out of LA calif. and should be here within the week. Right now, its raining and cold here in the PNW, looking forward to getting rid of these cheesy old plastic tarps and finally getting some thing that will really keep all the wood dry. total 72 bucks and change, shipped.

6. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Just an add on here since we are on the subject of tarps. Here is a handy item from Harbor Freight to use on that spot on the tarp that has no grommet but needs one to tighten up that area. I keep buying a few at a time when ever I need them so now have a bunch. I use them on the wood stack tarps with nails and they also help on the plastic fly over the wall tent when deer or elk hunting. They are well made and work surprisingly well. tarpclips.JPG

brenndatomu likes this.
  7. Easy Livin' 3000

Easy Livin' 3000

Well, for the money, harbor freight has provided me with many blue tarps that last me for at least a few years, with proper care.

$0.00 per tarp.

Hard to beat that ratio of value.

They have gotten smaller recently, and the coupons for free tarps fewer in frequency, (have about a dozen of those blue LED flashlights now), but still see them occasionally.

Neighbors don't love them, but hey!

8. Reddingnative

Reddingnative

I use the green hf tarps. I found they usually die in my area from sun and wind. I usually get 3-4 years out of the green ones, maybe 1-2 out of the blue ones. Ymmv

metalcuttr and brenndatomu like this.
  9. B.Brown

B.Brown

image.jpeg Got my billboard tarp today, it's 14x48! It's black on one side and a giant Rolex sign on the other side. Got it fast! Very fast shipping time!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020 at 9:36 PM
  10. B.Brown

B.Brown

image.jpeg This is the sign side, it's a Rolex sign

11. jrider

jrider

If you can find an old pool liner, you will be more than happy with that as a tarp.

metalcuttr likes this.
  12. Easy Livin' 3000

Easy Livin' 3000

That's pretty cool.

You may have already said this, but how do you intend to slice this up?

I love to see recycling stuff like this.

13. B.Brown

B.Brown

I'll measure out 24 ft, then put a 2x4 or 2x6 across and under it, then, nail another 2x4 on top of that, then use a linoleum knife to cut it nice and neat. Or, strike a line on it, with a colored chalk line, then do the same thing. Might have to wait for a while, its supposed to be raining for the next 10 plus days here in the PNW, but, we'll get her done. That will give me 2, 14x24 tarps

14. B.Brown

B.Brown

I would have liked to have done just that, but, there's not many options for some thing like that around here. Although, if our grand daughter gets a tree across her, big pool, hmmmmmmmmmmm na, can't do that. lol.