At the family reunion, word is going round that 3 frozen turkeys were out in a bath tub to thaw, no water or ice, Thursday evening. They are about to flash fry them. Should I take my clan to eat at hooters instead?
How long were they in the danger zone? I was sanitation certified and had servsafe certification. If the turkeys were frozen, and were still somewhat frozen when starting to cook, or at the point of refrigeration, your ok. Cook so internal temp 180 deg F. If it was room temp or higher, for an hour or more..... the risk increases. Flash freeze, ok.......Flash fry- would shut a restaurant down real quick.
Well, as long as its not slimy or stinky, and the turkey was frozen enough in the center to keep the rest of the meat cold, hopefully all is well. Ice water would have taken only slightly longer, but would have been safer. Good luck.....
Never been, but if those are your choices, I'm thinkin' Hooters should be a priority. What does your wife say?
Food poisoning ain't no fun. If there's any doubt... Those Orange outfits would be my bet... Good luck...
I wouldnt eat food thats been thawing out in a bathtub since Thursday That just doesnt sound safe at all. Good call in leaving to find safer food.
You made the right decision. USDA says it was safe for two hours on a sanitary surface. Unless you could tell me how that tub was sanitized prior to the turkey's going in it I wouldn't give it 5 seconds.