In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

First wood stove install

Discussion in 'Non-EPA Woodstoves and Fireplaces' started by Farmerbrown393, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Farmerbrown393

Farmerbrown393

3EB6D44D-81F2-411B-B2CE-90E69750A4C5.jpeg E58A6341-5C0A-4319-87F7-89E131F0D781.jpeg
    Hey guys! Looking for a bit of help and any info from some of you guys and gals.

installed my first barrel stove just waiting for the rest of the piping to come in. How does everything looks so far? Should I seal all the pipes together we’re the ends meet or is it okay just screwed into each other? Also what’s legal and not cause I’ve been trying to stay legal (other then then the barrel stove) but I don’t know it all since this is my first stove I’ve ever done.

I’ve used the double wall Selkirk piping thru the wall kit and now I just need some attachments and more pipes.

please tell me any info I might need or would be good to hear. Thank you!
    Also sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

brenndatomu likes this.
  2. papadave

papadave

First off, welcome aboard.
    I used Selkirk in my re-install.
    The pipe and elbow you have from the stove looks an awful lot like HVAC duct pipe, not stovepipe. How close is the back of the stove to the back wall? For that barrel stove, you'll need 3', I believe, from combustible a surface.
    I like the Pinto emblem on the door. :dex:
    Pretty sure more folks will chime in soon.

brenndatomu likes this.
  3. Farmerbrown393

Farmerbrown393

sadly those pipes I do have to change out. I have to get the black pipes cause those won’t stand the heat is what I just heard from someone. Also the stove will be 3ft from the edge of the barn. I still have to put another pipe on it and an attachment to connect to the pipe in the wall thimble.

also I just noticed the Pinto emblem hahahaha thank you! Just moved in to this house a few weeks ago with my lady!

Baldhornet, papadave and brenndatomu like this.
  4. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Pipe does not need to be sealed...just make sure it is faced the right way, male end down, or toward the stove, then 3 screws in each joint.

J. Dirt, papadave and Farmerbrown393 like this.