In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

First Ride..................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Does he have Tractors already?!
     
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Not yet, he should be getting the brochures in soon. His mechanics have to get trained so I'm not sure when it will be, I'll talk to him on Friday again so I'll ask.
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I took a quick ride on the sled, the warm weather cleared most of the ice from the brook, pic 8645.

    After taking a run down to the state park trails, I headed up 8E then turned around to head back, pic 8646.

    We need snow or the sledding season will be over once it warms up, not much snow left on the county trails.
     

    Attached Files:

  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
  5. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
  6. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Just a few pictures of my ride today after I did some cutting. The first three are from a small ride on our property, 8664 is up in the bowl, the sled is good on the hills.

    The rest are on the County Trail (8E) the trail is getting rough in certain areas because of the lack of snow.
     

    Attached Files:

  7. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Great pics. Beautiful sky today up your way
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    The sun is strong. It was a great day for a ride, I did some cutting first, it was warm enough in the sun I shed my jacket.
     
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Will be hitting the sack soon. Chains on, truck loaded, early start. Expecting temps around 0°F before sun up. Won't be as smooth as a snow machine, but the more technical, the more fun.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  10. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Have a nice time.
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    We put about 35 miles on the sled before noon, the wife was leading the pack today. We headed south on 8E, we jumped on 8 when we headed east, coming back around we jumped on 8D where some jerk was going faster than he should've.

    The first four pics are from the county trails, the last two are from our property where we came through our gate where the county trail comes through our property.
     

    Attached Files:

  12. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Looks like a fun day Zap.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    It was, the rocks are starting to show through the trails so without any new snow it might be our last trip on the County Trails, the trails on our property are better but it's getting tougher to get down the road where we enter the property I cut on.
     
    Locust Post likes this.
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I filled the gas tank along with the oil tank before I took off, that was a good move.

    I headed south on 8E with my intentions of heading east, once I saw the sign in picture 8683 I realized that I was further south then I wanted to be.

    There was a trail heading east just before the sign in 8683 so I took that. Once I went by the Rainbow Hunting Club I came upon the riders pictured in 8685, I had to head back on the same trail which they were going to so I joined the group. (Nice People)

    One of the trails the group I joined took was so rough I turned around, I used a different trail to get back to a certain junction, the group had just pulled in when I showed up off the other trail.

    Even though I had a map, I missed a few junctions.:eek: I always carry a compass with me so I used that a few times when I was coming back.

    I road 67 miles by the time I made it to the garage. We did receive 6 inches of snow last night.

    Pic 8678 is heading back through our property, pic 8679 is Wishlist's hunting camp,:thumbs: 8680 is on 8E heading south, 8681 stopped when I was looking at the trail map, he thought maybe I was broke down, 8682 is a pond that I don't have the name of, 8683 was my warning sign,8684 is the Trooper Shed, not sure what's in there, maybe a phone, 8685 is the group, great bunch of people, 8686 is back on our property.
     

    Attached Files:

    Locust Post likes this.
  15. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Back on our property.
     

    Attached Files:

    Locust Post likes this.
  16. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,952
    Likes Received:
    52,510
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Good to see you out enjoying the sled instead of cutting wood again, there will be plenty of time for that. "all work and no play makes Zap a dull boy"
     
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    thewoodlands likes this.
  17. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    When we were putting in some wood for this small cold stretch we have coming in, I noticed the sun so I had to jump on the sled after we were done with the wood so I could take some pics.
     

    Attached Files:

  18. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Glad you got some more snow and found your way back to the woodlands. Bitter cold temps arriving tonight, some of the coldest overnight lows we've seen yet. Snow totals lowered up to 6". Currently its sleeting and snowing.
     
  19. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Yes, not much time for sledding left, the sun is strong so even when it's cold we lose some snow each day.
     
  20. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Not one weather site when I looked called for any snow, at 1:30 last night it was coming down pretty good.