In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

First blood for the 7mm-08

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Reloader, Oct 29, 2019.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

She does, she's short, so had to get her the youth model.

metalcuttr, XXL, Will C and 1 other person like this.
  2. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Smart move. Correct LOP is very under rated. Nice rifle and hat tip to your wife, nice shooting.

XXL and T.Jeff Veal like this.
  3. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Yes sir. First deer she ever killed, she shot with my Ruger 7mmRem mag. Next morning she had bruise on her bicep, said she had to hold it there to see thru scope. I knew then she needed something different. She hunted with New England single shot youth model in 7mm-08 that was our son's, before getting the bolt action.

4. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Yup. My .338WM has a 12-3/4" LOP. Seems short until you layer up for hunting. Only problem is the surface area of the recoil pad gets smaller the shorter the LOP gets. But a good pad can work wonders, even when ground small.

5. Will C

Will C

My fiancé hunted with my 1100 20 gauge for several years (before rifles were legal in this part of NY) and did well with it. When rifles became legal, I helped her pick out a Ruger 77 compact in .260. It has a 12.5" length of pull. She hunts where she has a maximum shot of 100 yards-she's deadly with it-can't remember this last deer she missed.

Attached Files: