In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

First attempt at gun rebluing

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by Sourwood, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Sourwood

Sourwood

A few months ago, I bought a worn out Woodsman as a project to practice gun refinishing.

This is my result, tonight after little it sit idle after disassembly (Woodsman firing pin assemblies are complex). I set aside a bench that served only as a junk collection spot. Now it is a dedicated firearms work space.

On this gun, I used Dicropan- was told the blacker look is for Colts. Boiled a pot of water and cooked parts for 15 minutes. After drying, the dicro was applied. Steel wool to polish. Second bath for five minutes, and then repeat until done. It could use a couple more treatments, but I like that I was successful. I have some serious ADHD, so you take successes instead of OCD perfection. That’s why I like messing with firewood each step is a progress.

My next project is a Greener shotgun- not the good one, but a Belgium version. Cutting barrel down to a coach gun mock up. I will update if you would like.

Anyone else enjoy refinishing worn out bang sticks?

8A8BE578-8834-4BB4-B55D-9DE03D8E2E66.jpeg

2. Chaz

Chaz

Looks pretty good.
    :yes:

Consider me subbed if'n ya do more.
    :binoculars:

:cool:

Sourwood and metalcuttr like this.