In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood tractors

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by D2082, Mar 1, 2015.

1. fuelrod

fuelrod

I know a guy with either that ventrac or a steiner. pretty cool. The down side (to me) is that I think that all the attachments need to come from them.

2. fuelrod

fuelrod

I saw that clip also, thought that it might just be the extra weight of the side by side.

Stinny likes this.
  3. Stinny

Stinny

Weight is a factor for sure. Two up on mine and it can't "float" on top quite as well. Course, my fat azz might be most of the problem... :emb:

fuelrod and concretegrazer like this.
  4. Bret Hart

Bret Hart

We have 8 of them at the resort and many of the attachments. Cabs, snow blowers, power brooms, plows, salters, mower decks, trencher, stump grinder, pumps, aerator, and I'm probably forgetting something. Hardest working piece of equipment we own. They are amazing.

concretegrazer and Stinny like this.
  5. Bret Hart

Bret Hart

Correction. Make that 7 1/2 Ventrac tractors. Forgot there is one sitting outside with a hole in the block.

Just a tip. If anyone buys one of these with the Briggs/Dihatsu turbo or non turbo diesel, change the oil pump before 2000 hours.

6. Cantoo

Cantoo

I have one that I use when I want to play with wood. Set of trains help with the long hauls. I mainly use it for downed limbwood. Just walk thru the bush and cut it to 12' or so then drive along, pick it up and throw it on the trailers. Haul it home and buzz saw it up. They can be a little tippy which is handy to check the underside. I have duals too but have never tried them in the bush. I have maybe 6 factory made attachments and about 20 I've made myself.

arch54.jpg
    arch41.jpg arch34.jpg arch7.jpg

7. fuelrod

fuelrod

What's the deal with your tractor in that "unique" parking position? Or do you just like to balance things carefully?:eek:

8. Cantoo

Cantoo

Difficult to see in the pic but if you look behind the Steiner you can see that I drove over that little 6" log at the same time as the back tire on other side went into a 10" deep hole that was full of leaves. Steiners are very narrow so I was lucky I had the blade on and it caught before it went right over. You have to pay attention when driving them for sure.

fuelrod and Stinny like this.
  9. D2082

D2082

Awesome outfit there! Got any more pics of that attachment from the rear? I need something like that.

10. D2082

D2082

Engineering at it's best! Nice job!

Dascro likes this.
  11. Deacon

Deacon

Nice build & setup Dascro.
    I really needed a setup like that today.
    Pics of the big Oak that I am working on.
    Some steed terrain .
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Heavy Oak. I have 1200 lbs. of weight in the rear tires!

Gasifier, Thor, NYCountry and 7 others like this.
  12. Mastermind

Mastermind

I've just got a little Massey 135.

Looking for a front end loader for it now.

13. D2082

D2082

Deacon and Dascro like this.
  14. D2082

D2082

I went years without a front end loader and now that I have one I don't know how I made it without one. I'll keep a lookout for something around here...

Sam likes this.
  15. Mastermind

Mastermind

I've got a couple of fellers watching for one......hopefully we'll find one.

The neighbor has a Ford with a loader......but the steering is on the fritz. Jon and I will fix it this summer......again.......hopefully. lol

16. Cantoo

Cantoo

This is a rear attachment I made for my brother in laws tractor. Started with an old ditching bucket frame and just welded on hooks and a receiver. Works good for what we used it for which was mostly tops. We have lots of chain if needed but we can usually get pretty close to the trees. Hauled 100's of tops with it. Protects the rear of the tractor pretty good and allows us to raise the log out of the mud. I made one for mine using a 3 pth bale fork but I have so many pictures and so unorganised I can't find them at the moment.

035.jpg 034.jpg

Thor, NYCountry, Sam and 6 others like this.
  17. D2082

D2082

I like that. After researching these Farmi winches online I've figured out I'm going to have to fabricate one! A little expensive for me! That looks like it'd be perfect for what I need.

18. Mastermind

Mastermind

When it comes to pics.......always use folders. I have one folder for saws, then sub-folders for each brand, and then each model, and then even each person's saw.

19. boettg33

boettg33

Is that a cub or an A?

20. boettg33

boettg33

Love this thread. Makes me want to run right out and buy a tractor. Personally I have a love of the older tractors such as the Farmall that RockyFordOak78 put up. Though a brand new John Deere with a front loader would be welcome as well. As I only have an acre, I have my sights on getting a Honda Foreman. That will give me the ability to move my splits from the front yard to the rear for seasoning storage, and then from seasoning storage to our deck.