In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood tractors

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by D2082, Mar 1, 2015.

1. FarmHand78

FarmHand78

Yeah the 40 series always feel top heavy to me as well, especially with radial tires and set to 30" row spacings. Since this one shouldn't need to do any row croping, I'm planning on setting the wheels out to 36" or 38" row spacings. Also watching for a set of duals, never know when I'll get the itch to turn some dirt over.

concretegrazer and LocoEngineer like this.
  2. D2082

D2082

Ohhhh Yeeaahhh

3. JustWood

JustWood Guest

128.JPG 3849807494.JPG I use this to push chips, bark and wood (clean up) up to boiler at the end of the burning season.Sometimes we get pallets of deck boards from our pallet shop and use this to bring the pallet in and around the other wood to the front of the boiler.
    Its better at getting close to walls than the loader. Less chance of taking out a post or wall in the shop. Pretty handy for a lot of stuff. Have forks,bucket, root ripper,subsoiler, trailer hitch, lifting boom,post hole auger, etc.
    33" wide,,, will fit through a man door= awesome!:thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    T.Jeff Veal, Thor, NYCountry and 13 others like this.
  4. Stinny

Stinny

And... it's got tracks too... :banana:... :emb: ... that's quite a rig!

Deacon and concretegrazer like this.
  5. MasterMech

MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

Man.... Every time we get a good de-rail going, someone just had to go and post great pictures that are on-topic. :rofl: :lol::p:thumbs:

6. Machria

Machria

OH MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. D2082

D2082

That's a cool machine!

8. tjcole50

tjcole50

I have a 455 deere. Did you shim your loafer to pick up more weight or what???
    That claw is nothing shy of the greatest homemade hillbilly ingenuity I have ever witnessed... ok maybe not but serious props man

Chvymn99, Deacon and Gasifier like this.
  9. NW Walker

NW Walker

Geez, you guys run some real deal machines out there!

Here's my winter project this year...it's still under development, but it's working well for me so far. The low deck height of the trailer is the best thing ever for me, no climbing in and out of the truck to unload/stack, just walk on and off. I've been splitting on site and using the trailer to move to the stacks, and it's really sped up my production. Here's some photos from yesterday's splitting session....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Machria

Machria

NW that's pretty neat! Where are you that you have no snow? I thought the entire planet was covered at this point! Seems like it here on LI anyway! ;)

Gasifier likes this.
  11. NW Walker

NW Walker

Thanks! Far, far NW corner of the contiguous US. As far NW as you can get and not be in the ocean. It's been an incredible early spring here, 60-ish and sunny for weeks with no end in sight. I need to mow!

concretegrazer and Sam like this.
  12. Sam

Sam

Tell us some more about that trailer NW. Is the splitter integrated with the trailer?

NW Walker likes this.
  13. NW Walker

NW Walker

I need to do a little build write up since I started out here asking questions about getting the splitter up and running. The story is my friend dragged the old farm built splitter out of his mom's barn and let me have it to get it going. I got into it and started replacing pieces and one by one it's pretty much a whole new splitter now.

It needed a better transportation set up than it came with, and since I want to share it with my friend I wanted it road worthy. I found this low deck homemade steel trailer set up for three dirt bikes on Craigslist for $240 with the tool box. Score! So, yeah, I integrated the splitter with the trailer and built the wood box on it as well. It's been so great, the tool box holds all three of my saws, come alongs, ropes, PPE, tools, etc. I finally have everything in one place and right where I need it when working with wood. The splitter sits on the box rail and can tilt vertical off the back of the trailer or be run horizontal, or anywhere in between. I put the reservoir and motor up front to balance it out and hopefully quiet down the work station. A light load in the wood box is around a quarter cord, a perfect little afternoon split and stack session. So far, so good!

14. Sam

Sam

Looking forward to the build write up. Thanks for the teaser!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Stinny likes this.
  15. Gasifier

Gasifier

Nice set up NW Walker. Very handy to have everything in one place like that! Where will you put your build thread? Don't want to miss it.:thumbs:

Sam likes this.
  16. Machria

Machria

I see on the map now... really nice area!! AMAZING no snow since it was 9 degree's this morning and my back yard looks like this right now:

View1.JPG Stack hoist1.JPG View2.JPG

Well Seasoned, Deacon and cnice_37 like this.
  17. cnice_37

cnice_37

18. Machria

Machria

Thanks... the really cool thing is, I looks nice no matter what is going on out there, rain, snow, sun and warm.... I'm in the midst of installing a new HD camera looking out over the view, and will record a 365 day video of the image (shrunk down to 1 minute). Should be interesting to watch the changes...

On topic, what do you guys think of this tractor? I stopped by my marina the other day and this was parked in front of my boat:

Tractor_resize.JPG Name_resize.JPG

Thor, Well Seasoned, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  19. Duane(Pa)

Duane(Pa)

12-12 005.JPG This helps a lot. It can also make a huge mess lol!

20. mike bayerl

mike bayerl

Serious tractor envy! All I've got is a 17 hp Kawasaki V-twin "lawn mower". I would love to have a real, diesel "tractor."
    [​IMG]