In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

firewood prices up, demand up, supplies running low or out,

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by savemoney, Oct 27, 2018.

1. jrider

jrider

Oh they will!

2. Sourwood

Sourwood

Thirty years of police work helped me realize psychopaths are not just truck drivers picking upand doing in hitchhikers. They are every walk of life. Sincethis guy's behavior is so dumbfounding, I think that is your answer.

They look at it as " if you allow me to rip you off, thats your fault". I would be suprised to learn the hunter ever gave you venison. Lease it, use the thousands you will get to support the property.

3. NYCountry

NYCountry

The price of a cord here varies from $200 to $300 of so called seasoned wood which was probably cut a few months ago and these poor customers wont know till they try and light it up

4. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement, and was asked by my friend the local Sheriff (hoping he will be re-elected this year) to join a community committee to help with drug addiction and mental health in the community due to Katie and me trying to help recovering addicts. The committee meets weekly, and we are trying to get some real help for law enforcement beyond the incarceration cycle that happens, or the people that need mental health and not incarceration. I DO NOT have the answers, but we are trying to find some for our community.

All I can say is, stay safe and thanks for keeping society away from the crazies.

5. Sourwood

Sourwood

You don’t by chance live in York county, do you? That sounds like a program my buddy Bill King would want to do.

6. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

No, nowhere near actually.

The best way to describe it is to look at the coast of Maine. In the middle of our coast is a big divot inland called Penobscot Bay. I live at the most inland part of that bay.

Drugs and mental health is a huge problem, and here the addiction councilors are saying incarceration is the best way, but as tax payers, I am not so sure. Being a Christian, I work with faith-based drug rehabilitation programs, so I am trying to unite those in the jails, to drug rehabilitation programs. The ones we advocate for are free, and they pick addicts up in the jails at 2 am if need be, but then I hear people that do not know there are programs out there that are available. It is faith-based so they cannot be court-ordered to them. So I am working to help unite those in need, to programs that could help, if they do not have insurance or anything.

Right now the drug rehab programs are really down on their numbers with more beds then addicts; they are dying before they get the help they need. I have known (5) people who have overdosed. I do not mean people that overdosed and went to a hospital: I mean they are DEAD! These guys get out of drug rehab, or get out of jail; their bodies start to heal, but they think they can take the same amount they took before, relapse and die with a needle in their arm. That is reality. My best friend and brother-in-law did that very thing.

How do we stop that? I am not sure.

Some say just let them go. The guy my friend is running against for sheriff said that publicly, "They are going to overdose anyway, so don't help them." Kind of cold and definitely not what the bible tells me. Sadly many in church are walking by the guy in the ditch. In Jesus day it was robbers, today it is addicts. I am not walking by. I am no hero, but Katie and I are NOT going to stand before God at the end of our lives and say we did nothing. It may not be much, but it is something. Part of it is Rock the Flock, but there has to be more. I am trying...failing, but trying.

7. Nick&Lissa

Nick&Lissa

Hello :salute: Just curious what are your favorites to burn?

8. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Welcome to the club, Nick&Lissa ! :handshake:
    I think you're gonna like it here!

9. LodgedTree

LodgedTree

Beech, Maple and Yellow Birch, though I admit Yellow Birch is a pain to limb out sometimes (along with Beech)

Yellow Birch is a fun tree though, using a match on an big old Yellow Birch makes its bark absolutely explode into flames, but is best done in the winter. :)

10. VOLKEVIN

VOLKEVIN

2500 CORDS of wood per DAY... Holy Crap! :eek:

11. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Well they might make crap paper..:whistle:

12. TurboDiesel

TurboDiesel

Good point. I'm sure a lot of it goes to DC...;)

:rofl: :lol:

13. Sourwood

Sourwood

My cousin works at a firewood business located in a small central Indiana town. They move a lot of wood to gated communities and upscale homes in the Indianapolis “doughnut “.

Price is 55 per rick, which is a pretty good price.

They have removed their advertising off the internet because they are overwhelmed.

They sell what they split last year, and work year round.

14. Nick&Lissa

Nick&Lissa

We also live in central Indiana. Had to take our firewood ad down until we get caught up too! High demand area, we mostly sell north of Indy in the upscale communities ~Lissa

15. Nick&Lissa

Nick&Lissa

F1AEEE5F-234A-4818-AEFF-DF728329F06D.jpeg
    Have to include a pic of Big Bertha :rofl: :lol: They see us roll up in her and we get some ‘looks’ hahaa! ~Lissa

16. Midwinter

Midwinter

I love that truck!

17. Nick&Lissa

Nick&Lissa

Thank ya very much and Me too! Nicks looking to get ‘Big Red’ (yep, we already named it) An even bigger truck, C70 with a dump bed. Looks like Big Bertha will have her a man! Lolll :dancer:~Lissa

18. Midwinter

Midwinter

Is Big Bertha a dump truck? I'm ignorant about trucks, can't tell by looking. It would be a lot of work to chuck all that wood off!

19. Creekin

Creekin

You will definitely find you can load more with the c70, I've got a c60 with 16' dump box and can load it up with oak logs and it'll dump no problemo
    Which engine, is it a tandem axle?

20. boettg33

boettg33

That is why I refuse to watch their channel.