In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood prices during this inflation

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Perry long jr, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Link to solar powered entrance alarm please

Rich L and wildwest like this.
  2. billb3

billb3

There really is no telling. So much of the price of a bbl of oil is led by (geopolitical) speculation you would need a crystal ball. All OPEC has to do sometimes is announce intentions to pump more or less and the market responds. It's nuts.

3. Meche_03

Meche_03

I have a small lp tank for backup heat and cooking. Estimate to fill it is $126. Last year it was $65. Glad I only need it to cook.

I split more wood today. Almost have 2 years worth of wood stacked up. I may have it already but I always over estimate my needs and under measure my wood pile.

I've noticed the green waste site in town does not have any quality wood laying around. Even after our severe storms with tornadoes. People are scrounging more. Looks like the city garage is stockpiling wood to heat the city garages this winter too.

Sirchopsalot and theburtman like this.
  4. Meche_03

Meche_03

Got my tank filled. $83 the delivery guy did not charge me the minimum. I'm happy. In the past we just had the delivery guy fill our tank after he was done delivering to those with big tanks since our house is on the way back into town. I'm not picky on when it gets filled.

$83 is way better than $126 but still it was $2.99/gallon

Sirchopsalot likes this.
  5. EODDiver

EODDiver

This is what I am using. When it dies, I plan on going with the two pack. Deer and wildlife seem to like crossing my road near it frequently. With two spaced 100' apart, you would get two alarms with a vehicle driving down your road. There are many to choice from on Amazon and good prices. I have mine mounted on a tree about 10' high and about 1/4 mile away and it works great when not overcast for too many days in a row. Keep branches and leaves trimmed nearby since movement of any kind triggers the alarm.

Attached Files:

Canadian border VT likes this.
  6. EODDiver

EODDiver

Just called my propane company I've been with for a few years and the summer fill price is currently $2.09. With the spot price at $1.24, I thought it would be much higher. Plan on topping off my 500 gallon tank soon.

Perry long jr and Chud like this.
  7. Yawner

Yawner

My brother has a long entrance road and has TWO motion sensor alerts, spaced a good ways apart. So, if it's a vehicle, it will trip both, if it's a deer, it will only trip one. The audio alert identifies each sensor by digital voice, "Sensor 1" or "Sensor 2."

EDIT: I see that you posted this very setup before I read about it in your later post.

8. Rich L

Rich L

No one speaks about the Dems closing down US production.When that happened the prices went crazy.If this fuel situation is allowed to continue many will be very cold come winter.

Perry long jr, theburtman and billb3 like this.
  9. billb3

billb3

Because if you do, too much of social media closes your account(s) and you become an outcast or worse. Just like in Russia should you make the unwise decision to criticize the Special Operation in Ukraine.

10. Perry long jr

Perry long jr

With all these supply chain issues, The cost of diesel fuel and all the other problems we have, so many people around we’re I live feel like it’s no big deal they just keep believing that these politicians are going to figured it out. This problem we have in our nation right now just feels different and I don’t believe they know how to fix it nor do they care.

Rich L, JimBear and Sirchopsalot like this.
  11. EODDiver

EODDiver

I have a diesel truck and feel the pain at the pump. Diesel is what moves everything in this world. So that $6 or more diesel translates into higher prices for everything we purchase. Inflation will not be receding anytime soon.

Perry long jr likes this.
  12. Rich L

Rich L

Ask these people do they realize the politicians have stocks in big pharma,oil,foods,and everything else and are making a killing off of inflation.Ask them with knowing that do you really think they want to lose money ?

13. Perry long jr

Perry long jr

Exactly, inflation is making the rich richer. It unbelievable that we have let small number of people and there green dreams get this country to this point.

Ron T and Rich L like this.
  14. Rich L

Rich L

Gates,Kissinger,the kings of abortion and their crowd constantly push the need to lower the world's population by billions.This is the final push to put people in the ground.Housing prices are making the homeless numbers grow.Man made illness are dropping many.Gates is now the largest owner of farm land here a man who wants to reduce the world population by billions is now controlling large sectors of the food chain and at the same time the government is telling the public expect food shortages,blackouts,and high heating fuel prices while they vote to give themselves raises.The insane desire to give dope pipes to the American people and teach little boys and girls that boys can be girls and girls can be boys.They boast that these measures will produce better men and women.These maniacs are on the verge of warring with Russia using troops who are confused about there gender and can't live without their computer games.The tough armed forces lost in Afganistan after two decades.The Afgans didn't have an air force,nor modern navy,or weapons of mass destruction and the US ran.Now the rulers want Russia and hint at slapping China in the mouth with troops whose greatest desires is a happy meal and a threesome and who will kill their mothers if they don't get their way.The home of the Brave show their courage when they run into schools mowing down second and third graders.This country needs to nurture a bunch of Martin Luther Kings and send them to the ends of the Earth to seek peace and healing to the rest of the world or we are toast.

15. jrider

jrider

Well this thread certainly took a turn....

Perry long jr, Ohio, Ron T and 3 others like this.
  16. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

So, about those firewood prices...

Perry long jr, jrider, Ron T and 3 others like this.
  17. Sirchopsalot

Sirchopsalot

I haven't checked prices around here. Maybe I'll call a few, and see what a cord costs these days.

18. EODDiver

EODDiver

With Nashville temperatures in the upper 90s to low 100s for the next two weeks, I don't think I could give firewood away. However, I sold a two rick delivery of maple for $450 Friday to a substance abuse organization that owns a lot of large homes for housing their inpatients. Gathering around the fire pit at night is an important part of their group discussions. Can I advertise my wood as being "kiln dried" if exposed to 100 degree temperatures for two weeks?

19. Rich L

Rich L

OK I'm through. However my wood guy went up $ 100.00 dollars on semi-seasoned wood to $ 350.00 / cord.This just makes me go harder.I have space for about two winters worth of wood.I have next winters supply and I'm working on the winter after this one.As time goes by I think it may get harder to find wood.I'm thinking about getting a good wood/coal stove.Coal may be more available once many more go to wood making less wood to hoard.By that time the price for wood will be as high or more than gas and oil which soon may be rationed.

Perry long jr and WinonaRail like this.
  20. WinonaRail

WinonaRail

I've looked around a little on MP and prices locally haven't changed noticeably. However, what I'm seeing now is that there isn't much being advertised. Of course this isn't prime delivery time so that may be why. It will be interesting to see how things develop as we approach fall.