In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Firewood business

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by My IS heats my home, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Woodshax ... the prices above would be full cords at or around 275... Not trying to speak for chopy.. but as only a lake away our pricing is similar...

2. lknchoppers

lknchoppers

Full Cords or fractions of a cord. All other measurements are bogus, the legal measurement people are supposed to sell by is a cord (128 cubic ft).

Canadian border VT likes this.
  3. reprod

reprod

I bought a 14k goose neck dump trailer 10 or so years ago. It has worked out really well for firewood, bark dust, trips to the dump, etc. There are a couple down sides, at least with mine, to be aware of...
    1) They are a challenge to get into some residences, especially in the city (where firewood prices are higher). The overall length with pickup and is just too long.
    2) The dump height isn't as high as I would like. Firewood will dump out, but I have to pull forward to get it all out (I haul 2 loose cords at a time). Some people don't like this as it eats up to much of their driveway or lawn space. The dump height may be unique to my trailer, not sure.
    I'm not trying to talk you out of the trailer, they are great. Just thought I share my experiences. The dump height is one thing I'd double check before buying.
    BTW, my trailer is a Spectre brand. They were built in Washington a number of years ago.

lknchoppers likes this.
  4. Chopy

Chopy

Full cord, 128 cu, ft.

Canadian border VT likes this.
  5. lknchoppers

lknchoppers

When I look at craigslist I see some professional firewood suppliers are selling "Chords", I wonder how much firewood that is?

Viking80 and Canadian border VT like this.
  6. lknchoppers

lknchoppers

I still think you are better off with the lower trailer, it's better for loading a skid steer and it's much lower than a dump truck. One issue I have with a dump trailer is people getting me to dump in a carport, you have to watch the height especially when you pull forward to empty it. Mine holds a cord so it may be easier to maneuver but all trailers can be a challenge in tight spaces.

reprod and Canadian border VT like this.
  7. billb3

billb3

Multi use trailer you can use in a pinch to haul a car or tractor. Or horse manure. Never know where you can make a few extra bucks.
    Having thrown splits straight into a small flatbed style dump for several days and getting golf and tennis elbow I would want a conveyor too.

lknchoppers likes this.