In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fire wood tractors any color.

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by trail twister, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Rope

Rope

The loader blower for mine is the quick attach two attachment points for the bucket. Drop the bucket attach the blower then two hydraulic hoses. Problem is it’s $7,500. Rear 60” blower was $3,000.

2. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

Very nice DaveGunter! You'll wonder how you got anything done before! :thumbs:

3. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

That's great information. I've been reading, I've seen your avatar over at green tractor.

I've got no indoor space for now, that's why I'm considering the rear blower, with a quick hitch. How does the tractor do with the blade and heavy deep snow? We had some pretty bad ice build up this year because of repeated freeze thaws and big snow banks right on the edges of the road, I want to be able to push the banks back.

amateur cutter, Chaz, Rope and 5 others like this.
  4. trail twister

trail twister

Ever think about investing in a back up camera or a pair of rear view mirrors?

:D Al

amateur cutter, Chaz, Rope and 3 others like this.
  5. huskihl

huskihl

They don't work so well with the snow flying around

amateur cutter, Chaz, Rope and 4 others like this.
  6. ErikR

ErikR

To be honest, I use the blade mostly at the beginning of the season when we get a lot of small snowfalls and a big blower is over kill. Later in the season, when winter hits hard, I'll switch to the blower. It's not uncommon for lake effect snows to dump 12" at a time. As far as pushing snow with it, you'll run out of traction and spin the wheels before the tractor stalls from too much load.

Just to confuse you more, some people have had good luck mounting the JD blade to the end of their loader frame in place of the bucket. I guess you can really push and stack the snow that way.

I like the blower....

20190228_120939 - Copy.jpg

20190310_164636 - Copy.jpg

20190310_164036 - Copy.jpg

7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

DaveGunter .. My tractors a lot bigger, so I don't know if it applies. But my experience was a front blower for me was 11,000. Rear blower was 2k. I can drive backwards a long time for 9 Grand.

My blower is a meteor, 78" it will blow a 3-foot snowbank at the road, filled with salts and gravel from the plow trucks. I personally blow 50 ft do the left side of my driveway so the plow trucks have a chance to empty their blade before they get to my driveway. It will also handle a 40 inch snowfall. The front blower 48" I had on the 25 horsepower Cub Cadet just did not have the weight to move snow Banks.

The real problem with driveway snow removal is the 2" snows.. it's not enough to plow and it's not enough to blow and you drive on it and it turns icy. I currently use the bucket which stays on the front to remove that from the drive.

8. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

I only have 1 1/2 winters experience only using the loader and I'm sure happy with it. I plow small snows less than 8" with the grizzly, makes real quick work of it. For bigger snow or real heavy snow, using the bucket works well for me. If I had a real long driveway, I'd be looking at a plow or blower. I'll definitely be getting a land pride sander before next winter. The ice this year was insane, thank God for these chains! Our plow guy does our road last, no one else on it during the winter, I keep up with it for Dawn's car or an emergency.

9. trail twister

trail twister

Ford 5000 gas with a Ber Vac 7 foot on the rear ate 3 feet of snow like cotton candy. Would blow it 70 feet.
    To bad the guys didn't tell me thay had laid their phone cable in the middle of the drive way. Took out 20 feet in 18 inch chunks before I saw the chunks in the big mirrors coming out of the chute.

:D Al

10. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

:faint:Does your tractor not have a mid pto?

This is what I'm thinking too, we are just inland, right where the rain/snow line usually sets up. We are gettin 3-4 inches of snow today, prolly go out and play around here in a bit, see how I do with the bucket. We don't have any hills, but it's all just dirt road.

Maina, Rope, amateur cutter and 4 others like this.
  11. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

DaveGunter yes has mid PTO but no extra hydraulic line to front.. Mx 5000 the shafts to get to mid mount from dealer were extra 1500.
    My bucket is not SSQA yet either.. from what the dealer told me, bigger tractors front mount blowers are much more expensive

Maina, Rope, amateur cutter and 4 others like this.
  12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Then there is always the clamp on blade too...
    [​IMG]

Maina, Rope, amateur cutter and 3 others like this.
  13. JCMC

JCMC

How does this hook to Bucket any Pic's??

14. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

It just clips onto the front of the bucket, then you tighten the clamps down...like C clamps...but there's different types of mechanisms out there too. They make clamp on pallet forks also...
    [​IMG]

15. JCMC

JCMC

Thanks brenndatomu I think I can do that before next winter! I have been considering a set of the bucket forks that hook up similar to that.

16. Maina

Maina

DaveGunter we live just about 30 minutes from the coast and we get a lot of mixed precipitation in the winter, especially this year. I went with a rear blower for my L2501 partly because it was less than half the price of a front mount like Canadian border VT said, and we get a lot of storms that a blower just doesn’t work well for. The bucket is great for that stuff, and I used my box blade on the rear earlier in the season and that works well until it starts to pile up then the blower is best. I’ve been doing 3 or 4 other yards most of the winter as well to help out some elderly neighbors and it makes quick work of them. I don’t find turning to watch the blower to be too uncomfortable and I have already had back surgery. None of the driveways are over 100’ long though. It might be different if I had a half mile long drive.

T.Jeff Veal, DaveGunter, Chaz and 3 others like this.
  17. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Oh in case someone Dosent know mines a 1/4 mile.. Really uphill both ways..:cool: throw arm around rops and back up

18. ErikR

ErikR

19. JWinIndiana

JWinIndiana

Hmmmmmm, that snow pusher looks a lot like a box blade minus the teeth. Box blade owners, remove the teeth and put another hook up on it and go!

20. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

Trying to move the 4 inches we got yesterday with just the bucket was an exercise in frustration, I think I moved as much dirt as snow:hair: