In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Finally finished

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jrider, Jan 2, 2023.

  1. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,088
    Likes Received:
    42,860
    Location:
    NJ
    Back in August I started clearing an empty lot behind mine. A friend is building a house. We had a survey map of about where the house was going so I started cutting- all oak minus one pine. I got what we thought would be good done by Labor Day and hauled out about 8 cords. The lot got officially marked a few weeks ago and it turned out I needed to take out 8-9 more oaks which I got done today. Loaded up and hauled 3.5 cords to my house today. This wood will all go towards my sons firewood stand we have in front of our house.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. FarmerJ

    FarmerJ

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2022
    Messages:
    2,048
    Likes Received:
    12,087
    Location:
    Minnesota
  3. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Close is always a plus
     
  4. buZZsaw BRAD

    buZZsaw BRAD

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2019
    Messages:
    34,747
    Likes Received:
    214,894
    Location:
    North Haven, Connecticut
    Way to get it done Joe. :thumbs: Cant beat close to home scores.

    Eagerly anticipating your prediction for wood output in 2023. :saw: :axe:
     
    Chaz, Chazsbetterhalf, jrider and 4 others like this.
  5. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,088
    Likes Received:
    42,860
    Location:
    NJ
    Yes, having to transport the wood a couple hundred yards is always a win.