In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fishing FHC Fishing Voyage Thread

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Interests' started by JackHammer, May 9, 2021.

  1. JackHammer

    JackHammer

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2020
    Messages:
    830
    Likes Received:
    3,974
    Location:
    Ohio
    It seems like there are a few people that would be interested in a fishing trip. This particular trip would be somewhere on the US side of Lake Erie, the exact location is currently flexible. It seems like walleye run heavy in July so maybe that would be a good time?

    Loosely organized - maybe we can split a charter? Byob/meals/lodging

    Please be respectful and courteous on the boats, no bananas on the boat, boat needs to leave on time, if you get sea sick- the boat is not turning around, etc..

    This could be a day trip or maybe a long weekend? I think a week would be a little much but hey, that could be fun too.

    Anyone interested?

    For the record, I have never caught a walleye and only know the basics. I have some gear but not enough to outfit a boat.

    If you know your waters and want to propose a trip, let us know.
     
  2. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,698
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Bananas on the boat lol!
     
    FatBoy85, Eckie, T.Jeff Veal and 2 others like this.
  3. JackHammer

    JackHammer

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2020
    Messages:
    830
    Likes Received:
    3,974
    Location:
    Ohio
    I will throw your banana off the boat. :banana:
     
    FatBoy85, Eckie, T.Jeff Veal and 2 others like this.
  4. eatonpcat

    eatonpcat

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,279
    Likes Received:
    58,485
    Location:
    Eaton Township, OH
    No bananas...I am out lol
     
  5. Biddleman

    Biddleman

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,069
    Likes Received:
    24,193
    Location:
    River Hills of Pennsylvania

    I've fished for walleye several times on fly in trips in canada and years and years ago on lake erie. I actually got a citation for the size of the one I caught on erie. I had a huge bugger on and I heard the captain say " when we get that guy on board, we're headed in. That could be a record."
    So as I was bringing it in my dad thought how great it would be for him to help net his son's potential state record fish. So instead of letting the first mate net it, he goes to do it and knocks it off my line. :headbang::headbang:.

    I was a youngster, but I knew enough cuss words to say them under my breath.
    Fun to catch and great eating.
     
  6. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,844
    Likes Received:
    114,750
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Great idea! Wish I lived closer
     
    FatBoy85, T.Jeff Veal and JackHammer like this.
  7. ReelFaster

    ReelFaster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2016
    Messages:
    2,876
    Likes Received:
    19,923
    Location:
    S.Jersey
    Really great idea and this same idea crossed my mind a few times, but I know logistics would be a problem. I fished Lake Ontario for years on the NY side. Rochester, Henderson Harbor, Sackets Harbor even up the seaway a bit to Clayton and Alexandria bay. Few years we went over into to Canada to fish up on Sterling Lake. Some of my best memories up there with Dad and bunch of our friends and family. Hope to do with my son soon. Part of that is what I truly believe put me in touch with my love for outdoors, wood burning, nature, etc...