In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Father’s Day, Birthday present

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by JiminyKicket, May 23, 2024.

1. JiminyKicket

JiminyKicket

I never ask my family for a specific gift, but I’m “suggesting” this for a future holiday. I saw it on Midwinter ’s avatar, and tracked down the source online.

upload_2024-5-22_22-18-8.jpeg

Thoreau

I like that it’s an East coast style crosscut saw on the wall. It’s weird that the person is splitting wood immediately before burning it, but I guess I’ll let it slide.

Thoreau was a bit of a loon, but there’s a lot to take away from his writing. And I love woodcuts (or linocuts). Bonus: Frames for 11x17 are cheap and easy to find.

I haven’t actually received it yet, but hopefully I unwrap it soon.

2. Husky Man

Husky Man

I have to admit that I had never heard there is a difference in “East Coast” and I’m assuming “West Coast” crosscut saws

I sometimes have to break down large splits, when we don’t have enough smaller wood, but after you mentioned it, I noticed that the woodpile was all full rounds, and that is a bit unusual

Doug :cheers:

3. Eric Wanderweg

Eric Wanderweg

That will look fantastic once framed and hung.
    Come to think of it, lots of writers were/are a little "touched" Hemmingway, London, Kerouac, Thoreau... Either the discipline draws in the eccentrics, or it produces them ;)

brenndatomu, wildwest, Ron T and 5 others like this.
  4. Sourwood

Sourwood