I really like the very first picture, awesome photos Dennis! It's pretty much peak foliage up to camp right now, hoping to get some photos to post. It will be a few more weeks before peak here at home, although some are showing color.
Here's a neat map. I'm sure it's only a rough average for any certain region, not accounting for local microclimates and all that, but still interesting. I wouldn't think the Appalachians in West Virginia would already be turning, but I guess they're at a high enough altitude to do so. 2020 Fall Prediction Map The leaves are definitely starting to change in my neck of the woods. Maples turning red, birches and honey locusts going yellow, even some of the ground cover is changing color or dying back. The leaves will be nice to look at for a while, then the real fun part of cleaning them up begins. I wouldn't have it any other way though
Well, we drove down island today and because it has been quite dry, the maples are turning brown and yellow. Alders around here are losing their leaves but they just go brown. Rather dreary fall colours.
I found a few trees today in full color while others are green but many showing signs of fall for sure. Maybe we're going to have an early Indian summer this year? Had freeze now it is warming up. 75 predicted today.
Yeah, we have some trees in full color as well, they stand out don't they. Many others are getting tinged with color, up by Well Seasoned 's place and my camp, the colors are real strong now.
I'm sure they are. We went north a week ago and lots of reds there. Wife and I might take another trip soon.
We might not see much color this year with the drought we had. We'll see... The sassafras trees were red a couple weeks ago. Surely from the dry. Lots of trees are turning a dull yellow now.