In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. 343amc

343amc

I get about a cup of fines every ton back there. I vacuum out the hopper every couple tons. I'm guessing a bad bushing is the correct diagnosis. I've never changed it, and based on what I know about its previous life, I doubt the original owner changed it.

ivanhoe likes this.
  2. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Just a thought about the moisture on the hopper lid. Jeffrosseel burns corn but at level 3 with no moisture issue on the lid.
    I am wondering If there is more heat in the hopper from level 3 and that would evaporate the moisture where as mine on level 1 produces less heat and moisture just accumulates on the lid. I am sending pics to the manufacturer to get there thoughts.
    What do the experts on here think.
    Old Fart

BAN83 and ivanhoe like this.
  3. jeffrosseel

jeffrosseel

I am running on level 1 as of this morning going to shut down for a weekly cleaning. I have burned on level 1 for days and never saw moisture on the lid.
    Just a thought what is your temperature near the stove. Normally you get condensation where warm air and cooler air meet. I know in the hopper can get warm.
    I am thinking the only difference is I am not using out side air so I am not bringing cooler air near the stove.

4. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Ya Jeff that was another thought I had about the outside air. I am at near the end of this test hear now and am going to straight wood pellets. I will try some corn next week and will disconnect the oak and just draw straight from my basement.
    Old Fart

5. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

How hard was that to swap out? I've never done one.

ivanhoe and BAN83 like this.
  6. BAN83

BAN83

The bushing for the auger is easy. You have to go in through the back of stove though so you have to remove the back access panel. Undo the auger shaft setscrew that locks the love-joy to the shaft, then go in through the hopper (hopper needs to be empty) and slide the shaft up the auger chute, there should be enough room then to swap out the bushing. That's how I did mine.

Just watch it as there is a washer between the auger shaft half of the love-joy and the bottom of the hopper.

DexterDay and ivanhoe like this.
  7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I had a challenge to find a exact bushing and came away with one with a thinner collar from a bearing place. I increased the collar with a copper gasket to the original thickness and glued them to the metal bracket to prevent it from turning. Got myself a new St.Coix 2 rpm auger motor made by Avery/Gleason and replaced the wearing out Markoff made auger. The tube for the auger screw I found to have more slack than I like which makes the auger screw sitting in a slight angle. All this can add extra pressure on the brass sleeve. If you look closely at the end of the tube you'll see three wear plates looking like set keys which I think is there to keep the auger screw from wearing out the tube. Good to know on how to get to the brass bushing without removing the auger motor in which was in my case.

BAN83 likes this.
  8. BAN83

BAN83

First time I did it I took the auger motor off. The next three times I had the bushing in an out I found a quicker way HAHA.

Never noticed the wear plates at the end of the auger tube. Have to have a closer look next time I'm into it.

ivanhoe likes this.
  9. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Thanks for the replies!! Gonna order one soon and replace it this Spring (hopefully).

BAN83 likes this.
  10. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

OK Ivan how did the Rum I mean Rye work for you.

11. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Haven't re-fired it up yet as the weather is getting mild again. Almost did last night but decided not to. Have you like the ashes from the rye seeds?

12. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Power went out the other night for a couple hours. The CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD worked without missing a beat, mind you I have a homemade UPS system to boot which carried the lengthy power requirements. If you have a flicker of power drop the Fahrenheit furnace will go in shut down mood. At least the older models with the LED control panel will shut down.

BAN83 likes this.
  13. 343amc

343amc

Yep, that's what mine does. Kinda stinks. My 6041 will pick up where it left off as long as proof of fire is satisfied when power comes back on.

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

The rest of the rye wasn't so bad. You run at a lower speed for grain/wheat which helps. You see the flame pick-up when the seeds fall into the burnpot which means they ignite quickly. The ashes in the ash bin is somewhat like a cake formation. I disapprove with the auto-clean intervals of 2hrs. Maybe it's needed before the burnpot cakes up?

15. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

I will be burning more of it next year. The price is right for sure. I found there was a lot more ash from it so more cleaning for sure.
    But again the price is right. Just means more cash for beverages eh Ivan.:drunk::cheers::cheers:

BAN83, DexterDay and ivanhoe like this.
  16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Yep:cheers: I got my Lux T-stat working and I might know one in your area for sale.

BAN83 and DexterDay like this.
  17. Jimrm

Jimrm

New Fahrenheit 50 owner here. Serial #2571. Worked all day on it disassembling and cleaning. Test ran it outside for 2 hours. Seems to work ok, however it needs a new snap switch and ignitor. I've read most of the posts on here about these furnaces but can't figure out if the larger combustion blower blade sold by one of the members works on a stock motor or not. This furnace has the LED panel. Does anyone know if this furnace is eligible for the recall upgrade? I don't think any upgrades have been made to this one. Is the ignitor only available from fahrenheit tech?
    Jim

18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Welcome Jimrm to FHC:handshake:
    We have ourselves another Fahrenheit 50f owner :thumbs:
    Upgraded control panel is a phone call away. Ban83 was unsuccessful of getting the newer LCD panel:doh: You got to try:whistle:
    How are you planning to install the unit?

BAN83 likes this.
  19. Jimrm

Jimrm

The furnace will be installed in the basement in the center of the house. A few years ago we had a Superior corn furnace installed in the basement connected to the propane furnace duct work. Since then we have been using two Quadrafires. One in the basement and one in the living room. My thought is to run a 10" straight up to a single large floor register with this one. Kids have all flown the coop long ago and we don't need to heat all the rooms anymore.

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Interesting combination of stoves about. I would still have the Fahrenheit feeding at least 3 to 4 rooms for even heat about. Sounds like you have a drafty house in the middle of a field.

BAN83 likes this.