In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Fahrenheit Technologies Endurance 50F Information

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by BAN83, Jan 2, 2016.

?

Who out there has a 50F or would like to get one?

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

3.6%
  3. I Want One

17.9%
  1. BAN83

BAN83

The videos are really good. When I was talking to him about some issues I was having he put me onto the videos they created. I think they are well done.

2. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

OK I took the lids off the totes and gave the corn a good stir. I took some corn into M&R feeds this morning and they tested
    it for me. Turns out the corn dried to 14.8 %. I will try it again as soon as my hopper is empty of rye seed.
    Old Fart

ivanhoe likes this.
  3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

How are the seeds doing for heat?

4. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

I am running it mainly on level 1 and it gives good heat. When I bump it to level 3 it is very good hot white flame with blue
    tinges to the flame. Have you not tried yours yet.
    Level 1 will keep the house at about 70 F with this cold snap. My sweety and I don't like it hot at night, she even has the hot air
    vent blocked off in the bedroom..
    I guess we make are own heat in there.:whistle::whistle::whistle::D:D:smoke::smoke::smoke:
    Old Fart

BAN83, DexterDay and ivanhoe like this.
  5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I will try after next cleaning. Did you change settings for it?

BAN83 likes this.
  6. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Just went to L wheat not sure what low wheat means but I thought good clean edible wheat or grain would signify wheat on
    the control board. The instruction book dose not really explain the difference.
    But I am running it on level 1 set to level 5 on auger trim and level 3 on air trim.
    Just checking now to see what I get out of a full hopper of Rye seed. And will check with corn and wood pellets next.
    I will try to leave it on the same setting as mentioned above to test all for length of time on full hopper as well as gauging
    heat level as best as I can just by feel of warmth in the house.
    Old Fart

BAN83 and ivanhoe like this.
  7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

On mine the seed setting has a lower auger speed with normal clean cycle. I will have a lower flame in the burnpot meaning less heat? Remember mine is different than the newer units. I will play with it when I start to burn them. I was told they equal corn for BTU's so we will see.

8. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

On the newer units, I believe the fuel change, just changes the frequency of the self clean. Air flow and auger cycle is always the same. I haven't talked to Matt Fitts in awhile. But I can't imagine that board having 10 different combustion blower settings and 10 different auger times..

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

This is for the older model like mine, it reads as follows;

Selecting Fuel:
    1. Start up must be initiated before you can change fuel type. Hold the Select button (5) until Heat
    Level light starts blinking. Once blinking use arrows (6) to move to appropriate fuel (see below for
    recommended settings). Press and hold Select button again until light stops blinking.
    1. Low Feed/Fast Dump – High Ash fuel
    2. Low Feed/Normal Dump - Grain Pellets and Wheat
    3. Medium Feed/Normal Dump - Corn and Premium Wood Pellets (High Grade)
    4. High Feed/Fast Dump – Cherry Pits
    5. High Feed/Normal Dump – Soft Woodpellets (Low Grade)

BAN83 likes this.
  10. 343amc

343amc

And every fall I have to remember to change mine back to 3, as it defaults to 1 after sitting unplugged all summer.

I remember to change that when the house isn't warming up and it's running the self clean every couple hours.

11. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

Hmmm. Makes me wanna call Matt tomorrow. I thought I remember him saying that the new board just changes the time frequency of cleanings? Feed and air are the same no matter what

I guess I can time the auger to find out. But if this furnace does a self clean every few hours? I'm gonna be opening windows and wearing shorts!! :)

Heck, even when it cleans every 9-10 hours on Premium Pellet. If the house is at temp already? We go up 2°-4°. So 73° can become 77° real quick (30-45 min).

12. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Just finished a test on the rye seed. A full hopper of rye seed approximately 95/100 lb. 2 55 lb bags but about 15 lb left in one bag the furnace ran non stop for 58 hours. That was on level 1. I am gonna do a clean now and go with a full hopper of corn and will
    weight the corn so I will now the weight for a full hopper. See what the time is for that. Then I will do a full hopper of pellets. I am
    still burning a bit of wood in the airtight upstairs and that lets me run this unit on level 1 with the cold temps we have been having.
    I am sure level 2 would be more than sufficient if I didn't have the wood.
    Old Fart

13. Old Fart from Eganville

Old Fart from Eganville

Well here we go again with the moisture. I started a full hopper of corn yesterday 110 lbs. actual weight. I want to see how long it will burn on level 1 like the rye seed. It was much colder last night and the corn seemed to put out more heat than the rye seed did. I lifted the lid to check the hopper and there was moisture on the lid again. I had the corn tested for moisture and it tested at 14.8 % so it is not HM like first thought. I had removed the lids 4 days previous and the corn was stirred up pretty good and felt cool to the touch in the bins so it was not heating in the bins. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I think I will call The manufacturer on Monday to get there take on the situation

Attached Files:

BAN83 likes this.
  14. 343amc

343amc

Any of the other F50 folks here get this pile of fines where the auger meets the hopper?

This is an old pic, but I did a cleaning today and forgot all about it. I vacuum it out every month or so during the season. I figured it would be something to deal with when/if the auger motor ever takes a dump on me.

Attached Files:

15. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Looks like the brass coupling might be worn out. I noticed mine was worn when I had the furnace apart before I fired it up for the first time so it was changed right away. Anytime I empty my hopper I give it a shot of 3-1 oil for peace of mind.

BAN83 and 343amc like this.
  16. Flavy

Flavy

Do you have a booster fan in your duct or do you find the 800cfm fan sufficient?

ivanhoe likes this.
  17. DexterDay

DexterDay Administrator

No booster fan. The standard 800 CFM works fine. I went from 6 ducts (blocked off 7 of them for Winter use) to 8 ducts (added 2 new ducts in places that needed more heat or didn't have a duct in the room).

My brass bushing is starting to go now and I am getting a small pile. It's actually spinning and makes a humming noise when the auger turns. Hoping that it makes it to the end of the season.

BAN83, 343amc and ivanhoe like this.
  18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

I noticed mine was also spinning and wearing out so it got changed in a hurry.

BAN83 likes this.
  19. 343amc

343amc

Mines been leaving the piles of fines for three years. Might have to do something about that next spring/summer.

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Maybe too much accumulated fines in time in hopper is added pressure for it to come out in the back!?!? Can't see it doing it unless there's a lot of wear in the bushing.

BAN83 likes this.